Random Irritations

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Car was in for servicing today. Picked it up, lots of settings were changed - auto lights switched off, dashboard displays different from before, etc etc. Why do they do this? Have had it before when the auto hold / parking brake was switched off - that was really irritating, not to mention dangerous.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Car was in for servicing today. Picked it up, lots of settings were changed - auto lights switched off, dashboard displays different from before, etc etc. Why do they do this? Have had it before when the auto hold / parking brake was switched off - that was really irritating, not to mention dangerous.
I find auto lights are always turned off, and most places do it.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Weird how they seem to being trying to remove the England flag from anywhere.

In Wales, petty nationalism as it gets called if English, is heavily subsidised. Every school has the Welsh flag outside, even Tescos has the flags everywhere.
Gotta be the only country in the world where some people think their own flag is racist.
Ok for the plucky Scots, Welsh or Irish to wave the flag… just patriots.

Fly the George Cross… far right nutter 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
If they ran an update to the operating system, this often resets the dash to factory. Or at least it does on BMW iDrive 7 cars. Always resets my right hand binnacle display to power meter when I always have it on rev counter.

RichA

Visit site
What's the rationale for that?
They don't want the headlights on in the dingy workshop blinding the staff and running your battery down.

For a while I've thought modern cars should have temporary "Car wash" and "Servicing" modes that disable lights, auto-hold brake, auto wipers, etc.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They don't want the headlights on in the dingy workshop blinding the staff and running your battery down.

For a while I've thought modern cars should have temporary "Car wash" and "Servicing" modes that disable lights, auto-hold brake, auto wipers, etc.

My car has a "valet mode" but rather than things like that it just disables the ability to access any personal information
What's the rationale for that?

Might need the lights off rather than on, or just annoying to have lights shining in their face lol

venger

Visit site
Do they also have a large rucksack on their back?
They had football shirts on and were waiting outside a chapel for the next cremation service. They were being very loud. They ignored me and the funeral director when we asked them to keep the noise down, but surprisingly shut up when the vicar came out

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I know language evolves but what the hell is 'macro friendly'?
I even looked it up and I'm still non the wiser.
I can't wait for the first 'like super macro friendly'
:unsure:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He was always a wrong'un but I never expected him to go full Laurence Fox. Not sure there's any way back for him now.
When the post was initially put up I thought about whether it should be removed. Then I realised that people need to see what a moron he is in all his full glory.

I think your analogy with Fox is spot on. Equally odious people.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Gotta be the only country in the world where some people think their own flag is racist.
Ok for the plucky Scots, Welsh or Irish to wave the flag… just patriots.

Fly the George Cross… far right nutter 🤷‍♂️
The flag thing has always puzzled me with regard to the English people, but its not the only thing.
English people (generalisation alert) tend to struggle to embrace their own culture.
Ask an English person, "Sing me an English song?" and a bemused look appears on the face. No such problem for the Scots, Welsh and Irish.
Something comes on the telly about well-dressing or Morris dancing and it is met with ridicule.
Clothing, music (singing and dancing), cuisine, etc - all part of geographic culture and identity, but the English just don't seem to know how to describe, embrace and celebrate their own.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When the post was initially put up I thought about whether it should be removed. Then I realised that people need to see what a moron he is in all his full glory.

I think your analogy with Fox is spot on. Equally odious people.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and with the whole "#BeKind" thing going on I wonder if anyone has checked on Barton's mental health. For the last few weeks he seems to have been having a complete mental breakdown in public. Either that or he is in fact a total 🔔🔚. My money is on the latter but hopefully someone has asked him if he's ok.