Random Irritations

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The band Rage against the Machine never specified which particular machine they were raging against but I'd put a few quid on it being a Printer....
Epson’s recommended solution is to contact them to arrange for an engineer to come out and replace the ink pad. I don’t know what they charge for that, but I bet it’s more than the cost of a new printer.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Epson’s recommended solution is to contact them to arrange for an engineer to come out and replace the ink pad. I don’t know what they charge for that, but I bet it’s more than the cost of a new printer.

Yep, amount of times I have bought a new printer because it is easier and cheaper is scary

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thast the main reason I have stopped buying Epson printers. They have a built in count down of life, effectively.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Printer refusing to print, saying "ink pad is at the end of it's service life".

Never heard of an ink pad before, turns out it collects waste ink.

It also turns out that it doesn't actually mean that the ink pad is full, it's an inbuilt setting triggered by a certain amount of usage. For all I know it could be fine.

It also turns out you can buy a third party software key which resets the counter. The dilemma is do I buy some dodgy software to do that, or buy a new printer?

Get a laser printer. Best thing I bought when WFH started as I print a shedload and XL toners giving 3500+ pages really help.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another idiot speeding through the village this morning, ending up in a ditch and departing in an ambulance. Maybe this will finally be the one that breaks the camels back and gets the required speed limit reduction and calming measures he says wishfully...........

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There was actually a bad accident in Nairn between a lorry and Range Rover, never ceases to amaze me the amount of idiots on that road though 🙈
The A96 is a shocker of a road, id say worse than the A9 at least that there are a few bits of Dual Carriageway, Nairn is pretty bad for traffic id say more so than Elgin even. sometimes on a Friday the traffic would be all the way the way back to Ardersier Turn off

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We have been told which secondary school my son will go to. It was my wife’s 3rd choice, she preferred 2 schools outside of the area that would require 60+minutes bus journey and were not direct.
The school he has been allocated is the best in the area, with an above average rating and better than her two preferred. There has been no bullying, no fighting and no stabbing. It’s within walking and riding distance, 10minutes in the car.
Out of the schools I visited with them, this one was stand out due to the politeness of the pupils and their attitude.. I want my son to be like that.
My wife wants to appeal, but when it boils down to it she will not commit to doing the school run and nor shall she want to pick up the bus fare bill. I have said we would need to move .. she was not keen on that either. My son is not aware how bad buses are .. I used to get a bus to school, it was rubbish I don’t use public transport if I have other choices.
It’s going to be a tough journey ahead making her see the light … but if we move I will get a smaller house, a high end sports car and a golf simulator 🤣

My son's a few years off but the thought of sending him on 2 buses at 11 fills me with dread. I'd chose the walking distance one without doubt.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
We have been told which secondary school my son will go to. It was my wife’s 3rd choice, she preferred 2 schools outside of the area that would require 60+minutes bus journey and were not direct.
The school he has been allocated is the best in the area, with an above average rating and better than her two preferred. There has been no bullying, no fighting and no stabbing. It’s within walking and riding distance, 10minutes in the car.
Out of the schools I visited with them, this one was stand out due to the politeness of the pupils and their attitude.. I want my son to be like that.
My wife wants to appeal, but when it boils down to it she will not commit to doing the school run and nor shall she want to pick up the bus fare bill. I have said we would need to move .. she was not keen on that either. My son is not aware how bad buses are .. I used to get a bus to school, it was rubbish I don’t use public transport if I have other choices.
It’s going to be a tough journey ahead making her see the light … but if we move I will get a smaller house, a high end sports car and a golf simulator 🤣

Admittedly it was a long time ago but I still remember the school bus run. It was brutal. Age 11 to 16, the younger ones certainly were susceptible to bullying. It was 3 miles to school, and at the younger end of the age range a number of us would often walk if the weather was good. There were a few times either my school bag and or PE kit was thrown out of the window.

I’ve no idea if the bus journeys are supervised now but if they’re not, I wouldn’t want my children on a school bus.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Same happens with mine after 4 hours, if the remote isn't used for anything.
Anything in settings to extend the time.

Mine is an LG TV. Go into settings, go into advanced, go into general settings, go down to “timers,” and change as required.

No doubt every manufacturer is different, and I know even the same manufacturer can be different between models - just altered the timer settings on a mate’s LG TV a few days ago.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine is an LG TV. Go into settings, go into advanced, go into general settings, go down to “timers,” and change as required.

No doubt every manufacturer is different, and I know even the same manufacturer can be different between models - just altered the timer settings on a mate’s LG TV a few days ago.
Thanks Brian, I've just changed mine to never auto. turn off, but had various options.it was in screen saver settings.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah I think its about that? Arrives every Sunday for us - covers tea across the week.

Annoyingly 3 years ago when we started delivery was free but as with everything in life, things end up costing more!

Class food though, love the variety of our meals and the quality of some of the recipes is amazing - the thai food especially.
We used to use Gousto but it got a bit pricey. However, we have a load of the receipt cards, so we just do the meals ourselves but buy the ingredients

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

What are the grounds your wife thinks she can base an appeal?

We tried to appeal my eldests school choice as he has Asperger’s and our preferred school had a much better SENCO program, we wrote submissions, (you can’t hang about either, deadlines are short) anyway the appeal failed although he was put on a standby list… which came to nothing. It all turned out fine though, he enjoyed the school he got and did nicely with his exams.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Until I got to the bolded bit, I thought you were about to tell us that you'd put that school 3rd in the knowledge that the LEA were going to try and stiff you, and you'd played them at their own game!

Why on Earth does your wife not want her son to to go to the best school, within walking distance?

PS. My journey to school was a 70 min bus ride each way, after Mr. Beeching closed the train line I had used previously.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Until I got to the bolded bit, I thought you were about to tell us that you'd put that school 3rd in the knowledge that the LEA were going to try and stiff you, and you'd played them at their own game!

Why on Earth does your wife not want her son to to go to the best school, within walking distance?

PS. My journey to school was a 70 min bus ride each way, after Mr. Beeching closed the train line I had used previously.

When we put my eldest down for primary school my wife wanted the one across the road (but long arse walk because we live one side of the playground)

In her opinion it was better than the one that was a quicker walk, no road crossing etc

Eventually she saw logic that walking her to school with no crossing of road and 5 min walk is better

Now she works in said school which has taken over the other school.. turns out the school was performing badly and now her school have improved it.

When it comes to their kids mum's are mental

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Many thanks for that

Took some finding on my LG, it was in the ECO mode menu, but now done.