Random Irritations

Mandofred

Visit site
The rain falling on frozen ground...it's got no chance to drain through as only the top 5mm has thawed....
But it is warming up a little.....
I thought we had a decent chance of opening the greens today.....nope. Not playing until Friday now so I think we should be good by then.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Companies claiming that their customer services are receiving "above average demand" and that's why it's taking so long to respond. That's fair enough but if you've been claiming that for the last 6 to 12 months then you aren't receiving above average demand, that's your new demand level. What they are experiencing is not enough staff employed to deal with the level of demand for their service.

Currently Outfox the Market are saying that it will take 10 days to respond to an email due to above average demand.

D-S

Visit site
Companies claiming that their customer services are receiving "above average demand" and that's why it's taking so long to respond. That's fair enough but if you've been claiming that for the last 6 to 12 months then you aren't receiving above average demand, that's your new demand level. What they are experiencing is not enough staff employed to deal with the level of demand for their service.

Currently Outfox the Market are saying that it will take 10 days to respond to an email due to above average demand.
Couldn’t agree more.
We are experiencing ‘unprecedented demand’: how about the precedent set last month and the month before and the year before?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Couldn’t agree more.
We are experiencing ‘unprecedented demand’: how about the precedent set last month and the month before and the year before?
It's just a standard part of every call centre's initial message. I can't remember the last time I called any support line and didn't get that message. It serves no purpose so may as well be ditched. We all expect to have to wait forever.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's just a standard part of every call centre's initial message. I can't remember the last time I called any support line and didn't get that message. It serves no purpose so may as well be ditched. We all expect to have to wait forever.

Maybe they should be forced to be honest in the recorded messages. "We aren't interested in employing enough staff to deal with complaints or problems so you're going to have a long wait in a queue before we answer your call and try to pretend we care about why you're phoning. However, if you were a new customer wanting to join us we'll answer your call within two minutes to lull you into a false sense of security over our levels of customer service".

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
London, New York, Mumbai, Greater London, Los Angeles... all places quoted in the media in relation to the size of that new iceberg

I don't care if you use metric or imperial just give me the sodding size of it please

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
London, New York, Mumbai, Greater London, Los Angeles... all places quoted in the media in relation to the size of that new iceberg

I don't care if you use metric or imperial just give me the sodding size of it please
I thought the standard measure was multiples of football pitches or fractions of Wales.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
just had a call from my mother in law - she's got a hospital appointment tomorrow afternoon. it's her third one this week at the same hospital and all of them are linked to her breathing/asthma

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
They couldn't get the ward reopened in time so now we're off home and back in tomorrow morning. Feels like such a waste of a day. Oh well, we go again!

Ahh all that build up mentally for this! I feel for you mate! Treat the wife to a nice dinner tonight, get a good nights sleep and enjoy the peace and quiet for one more day!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They couldn't get the ward reopened in time so now we're off home and back in tomorrow morning. Feels like such a waste of a day. Oh well, we go again!

We had that with twins. Was covid at the time. My wife's water broke I dropped her off (wasn't allowed in until active labour)

It got too late for the c section so first thing tomorrow

They got me down

Doctor took too long to get in the room to start it and she said to the midwife I feel I need to push.. they said if you feel you can then do it

Seconds later Harriet was born and 20 mins later Sophie appeared

Keep your wife nice and relaxed , and give the gas and air a try it's ace

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
We had that with twins. Was covid at the time. My wife's water broke I dropped her off (wasn't allowed in until active labour)

It got too late for the c section so first thing tomorrow

They got me down

Doctor took too long to get in the room to start it and she said to the midwife I feel I need to push.. they said if you feel you can then do it

Seconds later Harriet was born and 20 mins later Sophie appeared

Keep your wife nice and relaxed , and give the gas and air a try it's ace

Big fan of the gas and air!! :ROFLMAO: Well worth a good go!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
DeadHappy Life Insurance deciding that using the image of Harold Shipman was a good idea - how did that get through the marketing signoff.

"DeadHappy used the image to promote its services with the tagline: "Life Insurance. Because you never know who your doctor might be.""

- I like a bit of black humour, but that really is beyond belief!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hyundai deciding to tell us how to pronounce their name after 20 years of accepting our mispronunciation.
I have no problem in saying it right but would have good to have been told earlier.

The dai when manufacturers think like that is a long way off.