Random Irritations

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
How about water cannon with that dye in the water that they use to identify stolen cash?

That way, all the muppets at the illegal gatherings and marches would glow in public under certain lights for a while so everyone can point at them and tut...

I get it that all 'gatherings' are currently 'illegal'...
But who gets to decide which gatherings are legal and which are not when we get back to 'normal'...
Hopefully sooner rather than later...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
In my experience folk attack only when felt threatened...

Wouldn't the same apply to the police? They wouldn't open fire with the water on people protesting peacefully.

I get it that all 'gatherings' are currently 'illegal'...
But who gets to decide which gatherings are legal and which are not when we get back to 'normal'...
Hopefully sooner rather than later...

Why would they be protesting against the lockdown if were back to normal?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just done it. Actually very easy. Was pleasantly surprised that a government website being used by most of the country on a single day didn't fall over.

In fact, I find all of the GOV.UK online services that I've used very well designed and easy to use. Anyone know which company builds them?

I did mine last week online and found it pretty simple. I start work next week for the ONS trying to persuade those that haven't completed it to do so - hoping not to get too much abuse!!

D

Deleted Member 1156

I did mine last week online and found it pretty simple. I start work next week for the ONS trying to persuade those that haven't completed it to do so - hoping not to get too much abuse!!
Me too, induction on Tuesday ?‍✈️

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Were you not supposed to complete it today, or the nearest day after?

Tbh I could have done mine months ago. Nothing has changed.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just done it. Actually very easy. Was pleasantly surprised that a government website being used by most of the country on a single day didn't fall over.

In fact, I find all of the GOV.UK online services that I've used very well designed and easy to use. Anyone know which company builds them?

Easy yes... Not sure of the relevance to some of the questions though...
And, of the relatively few GOV.UK online services I've used only the one relating to my state pension proved 'troublesome'... IMHO of course...

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Minimum force, in this case, a soaking.
If you atteack the police who have a water canon, what do you expect them to do?
If the protesters can't stand getting wet, go home.

Machine guns kill, water makes you wet.
The point is that there have been cases where water cannons have permanently blinded people. They don't just "give a soaking".

I would support the use of water cannons that are turned down to a pressure that can't inflict injuries so that they do just "give a soaking".
But I don't know how effective that would be in dispersing a crowd that was out of control.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Having to buy a new printer. Current one still works perfectly well unless you've upgraded to Catalina as your Apple OS as the Canon driver isn't compatible with it.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I should have worded it "folk are more likely to attack when felt threatened"...

Some people just like a fight and will look for any reason for it. Some are bored, some are drunk and others just like a good ruck. When I was watching the protests yesterday there were certain groups ( and they would tick a lot of the little englander boxes) who were goading the police, walking right next to them, shouting in there faces, abusing them. Real idiots that I wished the police could just cart off but if they did it would provoke a lot more in the crowd to run over.
Ever been outside a football ground when it kicks off? whilst a lot of "normal" people are trying to get away the amount of numbnuts who come pouring into the area is frightening. Then mob mentality kicks in and things can escalate quickly.

Was good to see some people trying to tell the herberts to bugger off and that the police were just doing there jobs but honestly some people just want trouble. I think a year of lockdown doesn't help, a lot of people with a lot of pent up frustration are out and about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Some people just like a fight and will look for any reason for it. Some are bored, some are drunk and others just like a good ruck. When I was watching the protests yesterday there were certain groups ( and they would tick a lot of the little englander boxes) who were goading the police, walking right next to them, shouting in there faces, abusing them. Real idiots that I wished the police could just cart off but if they did it would provoke a lot more in the crowd to run over.
Ever been outside a football ground when it kicks off? whilst a lot of "normal" people are trying to get away the amount of numbnuts who come pouring into the area is frightening. Then mob mentality kicks in and things can escalate quickly.

Was good to see some people trying to tell the herberts to bugger off and that the police were just doing there jobs but honestly some people just want trouble. I think a year of lockdown doesn't help, a lot of people with a lot of pent up frustration are out and about.

It might not, but you correctly identified the main issues prior to that in your post, and a year of lockdown didn't cause those problems, they already existed.