Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
'Normal folk' wanting to be heard with regard their concerns...
When conducting themselves in an orderly manner shouldn't need to be felt threatened by the authorities...

Then I suggest you look at some of the footage I've seen, which wasn't orderly. The only thing normal about that was it was the normal suspects.

If you consider throwing bottles & cans at police officers orderly behaviour then words fail me.

Last edited:

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Then I suggest you look at some of the footage I've seen, which wasn't orderly. The only the normal about that was it was the normal suspects.

If you consider throwing bottles & cans at police officers orderly behaviour then words fail me.

I am not disagreeing yesterdays footage was horrendous...

I have been trying [obviously badly] to express that 'normal people' should be able to voice their concerns/opinions via protest/demonstrations without feeling threatened by authorities...

I get it that all 'gatherings' are currently 'illegal'...
But who gets to decide which gatherings are legal and which are not when we get back to 'normal'...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
There was nothing remotely interesting in the census. To me, it was a bit rubbish. Not sure what meaningful conclusions can be drawn from the very broad questions. They are a bit dumb.

Mandofred

Visit site
Clay soil. Moved into this house June 2015.....that next winter was a good flooding year and our back yard (Americanism, sorry), was....well.....wet clay. You could stand and wiggle your feet and you may sink and never be seen again (well, except for thousands of years from now when they dig you up and are amazed at how well preserved you are). I spent the first few years being a "good boy" and digging in compost and then spreading over the top of the lawn...it helped. But last year I said bugger it....got in a ton of sharp sand and the garden fork.....jammed the fork in, wiggle to get biggish holes and swept the sand in. That helped a bit more. This year.....another (ton of sharp sand) couple of layers of sharp sand over the top and just going to let it sit there. The goal......to be able to walk on the grass during the winter (usually to pick up frickin dog poo) without messing up the grass. Going to put more of the sand on the front as well since that is where our moss grows......I've heard that the sand will eventually help solve that problem as well. It's a theory I can live with.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There was nothing remotely interesting in the census. To me, it was a bit rubbish. Not sure what meaningful conclusions can be drawn from the very broad questions. They are a bit dumb.
There was a long advert for it during Gogglebox that gave the impression there were going to be targetted questions that could lead to some quirky local decisions. In the end it was pretty basic, it can identify future needs for schools, hospitals, care homes and errmm, that's about it. Not sure what else can be drawn from the answers.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
There was a long advert for it during Gogglebox that gave the impression there were going to be targetted questions that could lead to some quirky local decisions. In the end it was pretty basic, it can identify future needs for schools, hospitals, care homes and errmm, that's about it. Not sure what else can be drawn from the answers.

Anyone with 2 A levels is a genius, any one without is a bit thick? Really not sure what they are going to get from asking what qualifications you have, when the questions are that basic.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Being told by work that certain questions in the census had to be answered in a particular way, or left blank. They specified the questions by number, but the census online didn’t have numbers so had to try and work out which answers fitted which questions

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Being told by work that certain questions in the census had to be answered in a particular way, or left blank. They specified the questions by number, but the census online didn’t have numbers so had to try and work out which answers fitted which questions
How can work tell you how to answer census questions? That sounds quite sinister.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
We also have freedom of speech... Have you forgotten that?
And, as far as I am concerned if you are expressing your concerns/opinions in a lawful manner you shouldn't be or feel threatened by authority...

And by assembling en masse when that is banned is unlawful. So they fell at the first hurdle. It really isn't that difficult.

Nowhere have I seen anywhere that the Government is considering removing people's right to protest. It has just been temporarily suspended in order that we minimise the death toll from a particularly nasty virus. Rather than abide by this, a number of people decided that it was more important to march and protest against the NHS and Government lies (their chant) than it was to abide by a regulation put in place to protect the health & safety of the general population.

In the age of the internet it's not like they can't express their freedom of speech by other methods.

Perhaps you can provide some substance to the threats by authority that you keep alluding to?