Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
wasnt that because the bed wetters wouldn’t let him use them
It might be more to do with the fact there have been many reports around the world of water cannons causing permanent eye damage. Not quite as bad as rubber bullets, but unacceptable nonetheless. (I'm not a bleeding heart, BTW, but you can't just indiscriminately blast a crowd with something that could cause life-changing injuries)

RichA

Visit site
Always thought a torrential rain setting would be useful to just drench angry mobs without risking injury. Genuinely.
Everybody reading this knows that when your undergarments are soaked through you just want to give up and go home.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always thought a torrential rain setting would be useful to just drench angry mobs without risking injury. Genuinely.
Everybody reading this knows that when your undergarments are soaked through you just want to give up and go home.
I have a wonderful image of an angry mob shrugging their shoulders and wandering away because their socks are soggy ?. That would be so British.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It might be more to do with the fact there have been many reports around the world of water cannons causing permanent eye damage. Not quite as bad as rubber bullets, but unacceptable nonetheless. (I'm not a bleeding heart, BTW, but you can't just indiscriminately blast a crowd with something that could cause life-changing injuries)

If protesters attack the police who have a water cannon and they use it, tough.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
How about giving the police machine guns? Would that be ok? If not, where do you draw the line as to what level of force is acceptable?

Minimum force, in this case, a soaking.
If you atteack the police who have a water canon, what do you expect them to do?
If the protesters can't stand getting wet, go home.

Machine guns kill, water makes you wet.