Random Irritations

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Civil Service, obviously some Official Secrets thing. The job things was Crown Servant and Public Service, nice and generic

Which given it is a Government web site, so hopefully secure, answering Government asked questions, the answers to which will not be available for 100 years, is a bit silly.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
And by assembling en masse when that is banned is unlawful. So they fell at the first hurdle. It really isn't that difficult.

Nowhere have I seen anywhere that the Government is considering removing people's right to protest. It has just been temporarily suspended in order that we minimise the death toll from a particularly nasty virus. Rather than abide by this, a number of people decided that it was more important to march and protest against the NHS and Government lies (their chant) than it was to abide by a regulation put in place to protect the health & safety of the general population.

In the age of the internet it's not like they can't express their freedom of speech by other methods.

Perhaps you can provide some substance to the threats by authority that you keep alluding to?

I have already acknowledged that gatherings/assemblies are currently wrong/unlawful... #21,954 #21,978

I have expressed my opinion, in light of calls for the desire of use of water cannoning, that people should be allowed to voice their concerns/opinions without threat from authority... ie Being water cannoned...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have already acknowledged that gatherings/assemblies are currently wrong/unlawful... #21,954 #21,978

I have expressed my opinion, in light of calls for the desire of use of water cannoning, that people should be allowed to voice their concerns/opinions without threat from authority... ie Being water cannoned...

Water cannons are a no, for good reason.

How would you deal with unlawful assembly at this time?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Realising that having done the census this morning, I need to do another one for the flat. It's quick to do, as due to lock down, there is no one there, but still needs doing.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Rubbish? Nothing remotely interesting? It's a counting exercise - it's not meant to be interesting.

Sure, but just about the only thing they were interested in was central heating.

Nothing about solar power for electric, no EV, no do you cycle, walk, use gyms, eat out, have foreign holidays, order take out food, have a dog, use local parks, woods, recreation, or anything that might help tailor local facilities to your needs.
Unless health, language, or sexual identity related.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Anyone with 2 A levels is a genius, any one without is a bit thick? Really not sure what they are going to get from asking what qualifications you have, when the questions are that basic.
How about the census identifies the areas where there are low levels of further education and therefore further educational needs for these areas are likely to be greater and so a council can identify where a FE Centre has to remain open if budgets are under pressure.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How about the census identifies the areas where there are low levels of further education and therefore further educational needs for these areas are likely to be greater and so a council can identify where a FE Centre has to remain open if budgets are under pressure.

See above thread, it could have done so much more.