Random Irritations

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
It kills me watching professional sports continue when everyday people can’t continue theirs.
Covid happening daily in supposedly Covid bubbles where testing is daily.
Professional sportsman taking the urinal and getting infected .
Until everyone is treated the same it will continue to spread.

sunshine

Visit site
It kills me watching professional sports continue when everyday people can’t continue theirs.

Obviously professional sport was suspended last year, and I'm sure a similar pause is being considered now. As usual a bunch of premier leagues players will do whatever they want - which sets a terrible example to the country.

On the other hand, young fit sportsmen can handle a bit of COVID. As long as they isolate maybe it's ok to keep sport going to keep us entertained.

I also think the definition of elite sport is very generous. Non-league football and even the Women's championship is considered elite, which is comical.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

I agree with that but also see the other side of things. A lockdown in the winter is very different to the last one where we had sunshine for much of it. People could enjoy their gardens, found it easier to motivate to exercise etc whereas now many people are going to be stuck in their homes with little to do. Live sport does provide a distraction from that and so does have a benefit to the public as a whole. That said, it would be easier to gain wider support from the general public if some matches were put on free to air like last time.

I don't like that a professional sports are being treated differently but I can see the benefit of live sport to the section of the community.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
How not a day goes past at the moment without one group or another being on the news stating that they should be up the list to get the vaccine. Don't think about whether you think you deserve it now, think about who is not going to get it now if you are bumped up the queue and then see if you feel the same way.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
The political Journalists / the political media in general.

Complain that there hasn't been a lockdown, now complaining when there is one.

Im no fan of the way the government are handling this but the negativity and persistent complaining is draining. Im not watching or reading any political news for 6 weeks.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
People going out of their way to try and find loopholes and excuses to avoid the lockdown.
Media types doing the same thing to stir up trouble.
"Celebrities" thinking the rules do not apply to them.

Pies moron jetted off to Antigua over crimbo yet is the first to kick off if anyone steps outside without a hazmat suit on.
When you call him out on it on social media he blocks you

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How not a day goes past at the moment without one group or another being on the news stating that they should be up the list to get the vaccine. Don't think about whether you think you deserve it now, think about who is not going to get it now if you are bumped up the queue and then see if you feel the same way.
Logically speaking I would rather they vaccinate all the at-risk people - anyone we're supposedly protecting by being locked down repeatedly so we don't have to do it anymore! If healthy people are hogging the vaccines we'll only be locked down for longer won't we? :unsure:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Logically speaking I would rather they vaccinate all the at-risk people - anyone we're supposedly protecting by being locked down repeatedly so we don't have to do it anymore! If healthy people are hogging the vaccines we'll only be locked down for longer won't we? :unsure:

It has been pretty clear that those at most risk get first call on the vaccine and that makes sense. The issue is that there now seems to be a trend of every group and profession arguing that they are at risk and 'on the front line' and so should be bumped up the queue.