Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

Was Carney's remark that wide of the mark?

Between New Year's Day and lockdown they played 12 games, W6 D2 L4, after the restart they had 9 games W7 D1 L1.

Could be suggested that the three month break did them no harm at all.

There is a lot of merit in what she said and she also backed it up by giving comparisons to the season before where they apparently run out of steam which ruined their chances to go straight up -( lost three of the last 4 ) unfortunately people can’t see past the headline created by the club “Only got promoted because of Covid” that they created

Pin-seeker

Visit site
There is a lot of merit in what she said and she also backed it up by giving comparisons to the season before where they apparently run out of steam which ruined their chances to go straight up -( lost three of the last 4 ) unfortunately people can’t see past the headline created by the club “Only got promoted because of Covid” that they created
But you’re blaming the club for other peoples comments.
Look at what you post,is that Liverpool’s fault?

D

Deleted member 18588

The funny thing is that a number of her male counterparts have made similar comments about the difficulty of Leeds maintaining the pace of their game for 90 minutes and for a season as a whole and there has been no reaction.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Was Carney's remark that wide of the mark?

Between New Year's Day and lockdown they played 12 games, W6 D2 L4, after the restart they had 9 games W7 D1 L1.

Could be suggested that the three month break did them no harm at all.

It could be said it did no did no harm. Apart from we had won 5 on the bounce (I think without conceding a goal) and then lost the first game after lockdown. So it could be said it had a negative impact?

All the other teams had the same break too. Why did we the finish 10 points clear?

The previous season we bottled it. In the final few games we still out run the opposition losing to Derby in the playoffs because of stupid individual errors.

It was a lazy comment that keeps being totted out by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any chance you guys can keep the usual football crap out of this thread? I avoid that thread because it’s full of pathetic manbabies attempting to wind each other up. If you’re just going to infect other threads with your rubbish then I’m just going to have to avoid the forum completely!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Any chance you guys can keep the usual football crap out of this thread? I avoid that thread because it’s full of pathetic manbabies attempting to wind each other up. If you’re just going to infect other threads with your rubbish then I’m just going to have to avoid the forum completely!!!!

Hear, hear.

D

Deleted member 18588

It could be said it did no did no harm. Apart from we had won 5 on the bounce (I think without conceding a goal) and then lost the first game after lockdown. So it could be said it had a negative impact?

All the other teams had the same break too. Why did we the finish 10 points clear?

The previous season we bottled it. In the final few games we still out run the opposition losing to Derby in the playoffs because of stupid individual errors.

It was a lazy comment that keeps being totted out by people who have no idea what they are talking about.
With such a high intensity a team only has to let it drop slightly and results may suffer.

Like Karen Carney I am not saying that Leeds wouldn't have been promoted without the break but it certainly did no harm and may have helped avoid a repeat of the previous season.

Ultimately they were, without doubt, the outstanding team in the Championship last season but there were still games where the intensity dropped. Arsenal in the FA Cup was a prime example. Birmingham away in the league was another where whilst they still won they were out on their feet by the end and clinging on.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
99% of the time what a pundit says is purely their opinion, but it’s an opinion that will come from what they see through their career

But when it comes from individuals who have actually played to the same standard and in the same league they are now opining on, it comes with some validity. The women's game is still nowhere near like the mens game so what she experienced in her career has, in my view, limited significance.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know what you're talking about. The co-commentator's job is always to provide their opinion. If they were meant to only deliver facts then they wouldn't be saying much at all.

I don't think the Leeds tweet called her because she's a woman - in fact they only tagged Amazon Prime, not her by name. It was just stupid to tweet about it anyway, from an official account. They should be above nonsense like that.
There are facts on the football pitch ... work rate, movement, possession etc ... this was a speculative comment that was based on a theory from other seasons where a team was developing a style and a manager pushing his squad. The 10pt statement though pretty much shows it wasn’t a great comment or it should have been rephrased

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That'll be a No then:rolleyes:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently laid on Sophias bedroom floor trying to get her to sleep. Thought we had cracked the sleeping part, but teething and not getting out the house have had a big impact.