Random Irritations

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
1st world probs eh Murph :)

Scarcity in luxury items where the value comes from!

Sure, but the truly luxury items, there is no scarcity, the cheaper(relatively) items, also, such as date justs.
The scarcity is in specific models. What do Rolex get out of this? There are 2020 models on sale pre owned, at silly prices. Their filtering process is garbage, as people on the select list are clearly flipping, and banking the money.
As It is, it doesn't up the scarcity / prestige, thing, because people in this bracket don't up scale, or down scale, if they can't get it, they buy another brand.
What do Rolex get out of this?
They could sell certain models, green (hulk) submariners for instance, at 5k above list, easy as. Why let the pre owned market hoover up the profits? So a 7k sub goes for 15k pre owned. Rolex makes say 45% on 7k, the seller makes 200%.
Baffled.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sure, but the truly luxury items, there is no scarcity, the cheaper(relatively) items, also, such as date justs.
The scarcity is in specific models. What do Rolex get out of this? There are 2020 models on sale pre owned, at silly prices. Their filtering process is garbage, as people on the select list are clearly flipping, and banking the money.
As It is, it doesn't up the scarcity / prestige, thing, because people in this bracket don't up scale, or down scale, if they can't get it, they buy another brand.
What do Rolex get out of this?
They could sell certain models, green (hulk) submariners for instance, at 5k above list, easy as. Why let the pre owned market hoover up the profits? So a 7k sub goes for 15k pre owned. Rolex makes say 45% on 7k, the seller makes 200%.
Baffled.

depends how many they keep back to sell at inflated prices themselves i guess, and yes im a cynic :)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
So are you saying that if I keep my blood alcohol level at 70% I'll be safe from Coronavirus? If so, can anyone give me any advice on how to reduce my blood alcohol level? :)

If medics are using alcohol based gels to keep the skin germ free it’s plain common sense to use alcohol based drinks, brandy in my opinion, to keep the inside germ free. If everyone got smashed for 14 days, no Coronavirus. Simples.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TFL and the roll out of a 20 mph limit over London

It's blooming stupid

I got flashed doing 26 at 03:00 going up the Holloway road about 5 weeks ago. Never heard anything back so must have got lucky. However I'd say 3am is the only time you could get above 20mph on the Holloway road!

What's the point of 20mph limits when the average speed of the roads are 14 mph

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Easy Virus protection. Just pop one of these on, other folks germies cant get in and your own coughs etc are kept contained too

81G5LT09sLL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg

What could go wrong?

main-qimg-0c099f5f610c68ab31a36561387b20a4.png

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Easy Virus protection. Just pop one of these on, other folks germies cant get in and your own coughs etc are kept contained too

View attachment 29295

What could go wrong?

View attachment 29294
alwayd makes me laugh when storm troopers are called elite troops... yet get shot by a girl who has never fired a weapon before and theres alway half dozen killed at a time before they even fire a shot:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
alwayd makes me laugh when storm troopers are called elite troops... yet get shot by a girl who has never fired a weapon before and theres alway half dozen killed at a time before they even fire a shot:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't forget teddie bears can throw small rocks at them and knock them out :eek:

But none have bitten the big one cos of a little virus

Wolf

Visit site
don't get me started on the Armour they wear... pointless.. lol
Stormtroopers iconic in appearance absolute toss soldiers ?

Obi Wan Kenobi to Luke: this wasn't sand people, only Imperial stormtroopers are so accurate...

Rest of the entire film Saga couldn't hit a target from 6 inches. Talk about having shooting yips ?