Random Irritations

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
don't get me started on the Armour they wear... pointless.. lol
Always thought bond was a tough guy. Nothing stops him on his mission.. well turns out a virus that has killed less people than flu does every year is enough to hold off our hero.

Money first as always can possibly have the box office record affected because people might not be able to see it

Tbf, if major sporting events are being considered being cancelled and theyre in open air environments. Sticking 600 people in a small room is probably not the smartest idea. Especially as lazing about watching a movie is the sort of thing people under the weather still drag themselves to do.

Of course box office will probably have been considered too. And why wouldn't/shouldn't it?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tbf, if major sporting events are being considered being cancelled and theyre in open air environments. Sticking 600 people in a small room is probably not the smartest idea. Especially as lazing about watching a movie is the sort of thing people under the weather still drag themselves to do.

Of course box office will probably have been considered too. And why wouldn't/shouldn't it?
If this was entirely to do with the outbreaks affect on people like canceling football matches to stop the spread then fair enough

But to cancel it because you might not make the right amount of monies that you thought when you already make billions upon billions anyways

Just goes to show money is more important than peoples health

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If this was entirely to do with the outbreaks affect on people like canceling football matches to stop the spread then fair enough

But to cancel it because you might not make the right amount of monies that you thought when you already make billions upon billions anyways

Cinemas are closing in Asia atm. A business has to protect its assets. Imagine its shown in the UK and then released online/blu Ray etc before cinemas in Asia.

Yes the company lose money, but also the cinema fans may not get to watch it in a big screen.

They will also have lost millions in paying for ad campaigns already which they will need to pay more for later in the year. So I'm not sure it's pure greed.

Re the bit in bold. The distributors have no control around people's health. They didn't choose to close cinemas. So not sure how that has any relevance tbh.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Don't think this is a moral question at all. Someone spends X amount on making a film. They need to sell it well to make a profit.
If they don't , then like any business, they will have done it wrong.
Selling it when it will make a profit is the right thing to do.
Where is there a wrongdoing in delaying the "sale"?

Your last sentence is not relevant to this delay of the release of a film!

D

Deleted member 23270

I have decided to poison any bugs with copious amounts of industrial strength cooking lager. It might not work, but I can't take the chance.
I've found a lovely red wine that's 14%. 5 x 14 is more than 60% so as long as I drink 5 glasses I should be fine ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Sadly, the first C-19 death in Spain has been confirmed. Post mortem confirmed that the guy that died near Valencia on the 13th February had it.

How long did he have it? Had he been to China? Where in Spain had he visited?

Whatever I have, for the last 12 days, it isn’t a common cold. I feel as rough as a butcher’s dog today.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sadly, the first C-19 death in Spain has been confirmed. Post mortem confirmed that the guy that died near Valencia on the 13th February had it.

Saw on the BBC earlier that a 96 year old in Australia who had died had tested positive for the Corona virus. I was wondering if this would be recorded as a death from the virus or whether it would be recorded as a "natural" death.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Saw on the BBC earlier that a 96 year old in Australia who had died had tested positive for the Corona virus. I was wondering if this would be recorded as a death from the virus or whether it would be recorded as a "natural" death.

The Spanish health service have been asked by the govt to review 2 other deaths, and have also recently announced there's been another death. Both well into their 80's and with underlying conditions.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

How long did he have it? Had he been to China? Where in Spain had he visited?

Whatever I have, for the last 12 days, it isn’t a common cold. I feel as rough as a butcher’s dog today.

Hope you are soon feeling better. I know there has been a virus here before Christmas that was taking about 8 weeks to get rid off.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I fear the worst, 4th of February I had a dry irritating sore throat, coughing, choked stuffed up feeling , plus a couple of other ailments, so phoned for a doctors appointment ,
On the 18th I get to see the doc, she say's don't worry it's nothing serious .
February 25th pick up the wife's nephew, who's been on holiday, on umpteen flights and airports seemingly they're high risk areas.
A month later I still have my cough and sore throat, but not to worry EH !!