Random Irritations

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Sure, but the truly luxury items, there is no scarcity, the cheaper(relatively) items, also, such as date justs.
The scarcity is in specific models. What do Rolex get out of this? There are 2020 models on sale pre owned, at silly prices. Their filtering process is garbage, as people on the select list are clearly flipping, and banking the money.
As It is, it doesn't up the scarcity / prestige, thing, because people in this bracket don't up scale, or down scale, if they can't get it, they buy another brand.
What do Rolex get out of this?
They could sell certain models, green (hulk) submariners for instance, at 5k above list, easy as. Why let the pre owned market hoover up the profits? So a 7k sub goes for 15k pre owned. Rolex makes say 45% on 7k, the seller makes 200%.
Baffled.
I am baffled as well, and my brain hurts trying to work out what you are talking about. Couldn’t you just ring Tim for the time ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
the idiots I work with who think that I don't need to know about the claims their clients have!
one of them is a possible total loss on a cladding contract - I have been broking it as clean yet the idiots knew 10 days ago about the claim!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Stormtroopers iconic in appearance absolute toss soldiers ?
Obi Wan Kenobi to Luke: this wasn't sand people, only Imperial stormtroopers are so accurate...
Rest of the entire film Saga couldn't hit a target from 6 inches. Talk about having shooting yips ?

I once was doing PGA Tour analysis on American radio and described Rory as putting like a stormtrooper. It was about a minute before my co-host had stopped laughing enough to carry on the show. It had to be done. He really was missing everything that day.

There is a clip on YouTube where some police marksmen in the States do a training session with some stormtroopers. Very original gag but very well done.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mazda Stoke doing a recall notice job on my vehicle and then 8 months later when I call to say I've found bits, a nuts and washer, under the front seat the job was done on and the seat that now has started to clicked again when I go around corners, saying they will charge me £73!!!!!! if the bits are not from the job that was done. How will I know?????? £73 to find out. And they could still say they have fallen off. Not happy

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why is the UK media obsessed with the USA election - we don't have a vote!!

Lunchtime BBC news spent more time on '...live from the USA elections..." than on the virus, PMQ's, UK floods etc. Yes we need to be kept informed but all day every day -really.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Interest in the American elections can be summed up by "is there anyone out there sane enough to stand against and beat Trump whose name is not Hilary Clinton".

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always thought bond was a tough guy. Nothing stops him on his mission.. well turns out a virus that has killed less people than flu does every year is enough to hold off our hero.

Money first as always can possibly have the box office record affected because people might not be able to see it

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always thought bond was a tough guy. Nothing stops him on his mission.. well turns out a virus that has killed less people than flu does every year is enough to hold off our hero.

Money first as always can possibly have the box office record affected because people might not be able to see it
With millions at stake I'd be delaying release if I was in their shoes.