Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The background music that come up on BBC1 HD when news goes local and we get the red holding screen. The music is mega irritating and drives us nuts!!! So we scramble for the controller...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The background music that come up on BBC1 HD when news goes local and we get the red holding screen. The music is mega irritating and drives us nuts!!! So we scramble for the controller...
I'll add to that, why can the BBC not have local news on HD channels still? I have to turn over to fuzzy tv for the local news. ITV manages it, why can't the BBC?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
UPS. How can an organisation of that size have such a piss poor online service.
Track an item, go to delivery options, prompt to sign in, so sign in, click delivery options, option to sign up to use delivery options.
Eh? What? I am signed up you yank knob gobblers, not only that I am signed in. To the service you prompted me to sign on to. Its just an infinity loop of *** service.
How, on God/Bhuda/Allah/Spongebob's green earth can a global giant like UPS have a cartoon online offering.

Even Yodel has a better service. I feel unclean now saying that

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
UPS. How can an organisation of that size have such a piss poor online service.
Track an item, go to delivery options, prompt to sign in, so sign in, click delivery options, option to sign up to use delivery options.
Eh? What? I am signed up you yank knob gobblers, not only that I am signed in. To the service you prompted me to sign on to. Its just an infinity loop of *** service.
How, on God/Bhuda/Allah/Spongebob's green earth can a global giant like UPS have a cartoon online offering.

Even Yodel has a better service. I feel unclean now saying that
If you really want to bang your head against a wall try ringing their customer services. You get a call centre out in SE Asia somewhere, the Philipinnes would be my guess. The line is poor, their English is poor, they are disinterested, they know you will never be able to trace the person speaking so who cares and they just speak in generic, scripted sentences. Fine when all is well but truly awful if you have a problem. They work by grinding you down to the point you give up.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site

She got confused by antibiotics and Antibacterial gel and has been absolutely taken apart by actual scientists focussed on viruses to the point of hiding her post. She has double downed on a massive mistake that is spreading dangerous misinformation.

Antibac hand gel is a very good way to prevent the spreading of coronavirus, especially when you dont have convenient access to water and soap.

Arrogant know it all attitudes such as those found in this thread dont help at all

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
She got confused by antibiotics and Antibacterial gel and has been absolutely taken apart by actual scientists focussed on viruses to the point of hiding her post. She has double downed on a massive mistake that is spreading dangerous misinformation.

Antibac hand gel is a very good way to prevent the spreading of coronavirus, especially when you dont have convenient access to water and soap.

Arrogant know it all attitudes such as those found in this thread dont help at all
Antibiotic means antibacterial. An antibiotic will not treat a virus.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I might be wrong but I thought you needed a minimum 70% alcohol solution to be effective since antibacterial is not antiviral?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Yea ok then. Let’s race to the bottom and have everyone speaking incorrectly because “we know what they mean”. That’ll help. Ignorance generally helps in situations like this, for sure.
As opposed to what? People like you proliferating scoremongering tweets and trying to be clever?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As opposed to what? People like you proliferating scoremongering tweets and trying to be clever?
It’s a real leap to suggest it’s a bad thing to encourage people to understand the science behind the containment of coronavirus.

And scaremongering? What tweet have I proliferated? You’re just making all these things up as you go along.

Last edited by a moderator: