Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Up to 1500 words on why I am suitable for the job and why I want it.
It says up to. The bold move, if you are not too bothered about the job, is to go for 1 or 2 sentences. You could be binned off straight away or you could stand out as someone different and interesting. Hard call if you really want it though.

Good luck.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My usually amazing neighbours have been a royal pain in the bottom the past week

last week (after all the rain) my neighbour text me saying our drains are blocked might want to get looked at.. I told her not to worry.. its not blocked the mrs had just let bath out (we had taken plug out and it overflows the drains because its poor if you dont leave plug in) she said oh no its defo blocked could cause a collapst drain costing thousands (panicing much) I said dont worry I hadnt had chance to clear the leafs out recently ill do that tomorrow

30 seconds later her husbands at the door panicing about these drains and how if we dont get someone in they will have to dig up shared drive cositing 1000s to repair the drains.. I again calmly told him its just a few leafs (which I removed to show him) suddenly the water disappeared.. funny that.. leafs on a drain cover.. who would think........ ffs

he was like oh well best be careful could be 1000s to repair.. I politely pointed out that it wouldnt be as its one small drain leading to the main drain which could be repaired for a few 100 as you could see its been dug out before when a loo was added there.

then yesterday they asked me to keep shared drive free for a cleaning company thats coming to clean their house... fair enough

this what only can be discribed as a small fire engine arrrives with a massive pressure wash to wash down the entire house.. wow overkill..... water everywhere (more than came from my drains lol) and then I go to leave my house and they had ladders all over the drive.. luckily next door the other side doesnt mind me driving accross so I just drove that way

however when I came home the giant fire truck thing was parked entirely over the dropped kerb meaning had no chance of even getting on my drive.. proceeded to go via my other neighbours again

they have been a right pain since they decided their moving.. thing is their house is very nice.. the k render looks brilliant.. it looks EXACTLY the same as before they washed it...........

and when we were talking drains he was saying hes always unblocking his drain due to fat from the dishwasher.. oh fat eh? shouldnt you remove that before putting the pans in.........

pain in the bum

D

Deleted member 17920

The selfish attitude to other people.

Saw a tweet on LNER yesterday from someone who was delayed as someone make a decision to end their life, no thought at all for the person or family or indeed everyone who had to work on the scene to clear away the deceased.

Some people are just utter trash.

I hope something bad never happens to his family................. he has rightly taken a pasting on twitter for the comments and to make it worse it was from a company account.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's effective enough as long as it's got a decent alcohol content. 60% upwards I think.
So the whole world takes a couple of weeks off, gets absolutely blathered for the entirety and coronavirus is a gonner...
I think that's something a lot of people could get on board with..

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not to mention the 2.4mile swim in a 20metre pool or the 26miles on a bloody treadmill ?

Her excuse was well youve done those sort of distance before in the forces, yes but never on a watt bike my arse will be red raw after.

I've swum 5m in a 20m pool and a half marathon on a treadmill but the bike...ouch!

You know your stuff but try and get enough friends to work on a rota to run next to you and bike alongside too. Friend of mine did 40m (yep 40!) on a treadmill and I joined him for some sections. He got worried the treadmill was going to quit and wanted it to say 40m done! Plus I protected it when he had loo breaks.

Wolf

Visit site
I've swum 5m in a 20m pool and a half marathon on a treadmill but the bike...ouch!

You know your stuff but try and get enough friends to work on a rota to run next to you and bike alongside too. Friend of mine did 40m (yep 40!) on a treadmill and I joined him for some sections. He got worried the treadmill was going to quit and wanted it to say 40m done! Plus I protected it when he had loo breaks.
Good effort that Amanda.

I'd prefer it to be a bigger pool length or Olympic pool fir ease of getting into rhythm and making turns easier but at least it's not a cold lake?

The treadmill distance doesn't bother me I'll slow my pace down a touch and knock it out in decent time it literally is the boredom facter, that's a good idea of having someone run alongside though.

But yes the bike ? that's a whole new world of pain that's going to hurt for days after even if I get a comfy seat

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
An antibacterial agent alone won’t stop the virus; it needs to have antiviral properties.
So professor, are you saying that advice from everyone in power or the know that using a high content of alcohol hand sanitising gel has no effect of the transmission of the bug and makes no difference at all?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good effort that Amanda.

I'd prefer it to be a bigger pool length or Olympic pool fir ease of getting into rhythm and making turns easier but at least it's not a cold lake?

The treadmill distance doesn't bother me I'll slow my pace down a touch and knock it out in decent time it literally is the boredom facter, that's a good idea of having someone run alongside though.

But yes the bike ? that's a whole new world of pain that's going to hurt for days after even if I get a comfy seat

The swimming was when I was injured and couldn't run. So figured 5m swim about equivalent to a marathon and did that whilst friends were running London!

Can you not persuade her to go with a recumbent?? My nephew did 24 hours on one for Combat Stress last year.

Wolf

Visit site
So professor, are you saying that advice from everyone in power or the know that using a high content of alcohol hand sanitising gel has no effect of the transmission of the bug and makes no difference at all?
I think what Kellfire is getting at and some people are missing is that It’s true that alcohol gels don’t kill all viruses – such as norovirus and rhinovirus – but the coronavirus has an envelope structure which alcohol can attack. Hand sanitisers with more than 60 per cent alcohol content are most effective at killing microbes.

So whilst it will help in some cases prevent the passing of it and in high alcohol content anti bac gels may kill the microbes it cannot be relied on as a cure all as its not been proven that anti bac has effectively killed it as its still spreading. The only way that can be done from what I've read is WHO helping put out a vaccine. At least that's my understanding of his posts

Wolf

Visit site
The swimming was when I was injured and couldn't run. So figured 5m swim about equivalent to a marathon and did that whilst friends were running London!

Can you not persuade her to go with a recumbent?? My nephew did 24 hours on one for Combat Stress last year.
The swim is definitely going to be the hardest thing on body as it takes so many muscles to power over those distances , your 5m is a great effort.

Possibly could do but I'd prefer to do on a Watt bike to be fair to maintain more consistent pace with resistance available means I could cover the distances a lot quicker than a recumbent.