Random Irritations

U

User62651

People/Robots that contact you on Gumtree about an item you're selling with the "Hi Is this still available thanks" auto message, you reply and they never come back. Assume there are bots or whatever doing this? Annoying.

Wolf

Visit site
My wife kindly informing me as part of sport relief she has volunteered me to an Ironman triathlon in her gym using the pool treadmill and Watt bikes. It's only now has she realised the distances im going to have cover. Best get myself training then?

D

Deleted member 16999

My wife kindly informing me as part of sport relief she has volunteered me to an Ironman triathlon in her gym using the pool treadmill and Watt bikes. It's only now has she realised the distances im going to have cover. Best get myself training then?
Make it a Couples Team event, ;)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

112m on a Watt Bike?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::devilish:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not to mention the 2.4mile swim in a 20metre pool or the 26miles on a bloody treadmill ?

Her excuse was well youve done those sort of distance before in the forces, yes but never on a watt bike my arse will be red raw after.

Portable padded seat?

D

Deleted member 16999

Not to mention the 2.4mile swim in a 20metre pool or the 26miles on a bloody treadmill ?

Her excuse was well youve done those sort of distance before in the forces, yes but never on a watt bike my arse will be red raw after.
I’ll sponsor you a quid if you complete it. ;)

Wolf

Visit site
Saw someone at spinning with a gel padded seat they took on and off.
My wife has one for when she teaches spin which isn't often these days but the fitting on Watt bike is slightly different from their Spin bikes. Hopefully our guy we use can sort me something, I'm actually not dreading the bike as much as the treadmill to be honest. Even then the distance doesn't worry me its the absolute boredom of the treadmill and staring at the wall in front of it that does my head in.

Wolf

Visit site
Up to 1500 words on why I am suitable for the job and why I want it.
Almost as bad as thw where do you see yourself in 5 years question. If you answer honestly you can do it in a brief succinct paragraph but nowadays they want war and peace length fluffed out answers. I don't see how that helps anyone.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife has one for when she teaches spin which isn't often these days but the fitting on Watt bike is slightly different from their Spin bikes. Hopefully our guy we use can sort me something, I'm actually not dreading the bike as much as the treadmill to be honest. Even then the distance doesn't worry me its the absolute boredom of the treadmill and staring at the wall in front of it that does my head in.

Yep, don't think I'd want to be doing that far on one. Can you not connect up an ipad and watch films?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Almost as bad as thw where do you see yourself in 5 years question. If you answer honestly you can do it in a brief succinct paragraph but nowadays they want war and peace length fluffed out answers. I don't see how that helps anyone.

Think I did 150 and thought sod it! Sure they will employ someone with previous experience of the role anyway.

Wolf

Visit site
Yep, don't think I'd want to be doing that far on one. Can you not connect up an ipad and watch films?
I can normally bang out 10k on a treadmill in about 35-40mins but my boredom levels stop me doing any longer, out on the road or cross country im happy to run and run because im taking in the scenery, problem is my wife's gym older version of treadmill has no usb connection or WiFi in gym, benefits of Mike Ashley owning the company. So it's going to be a laborious run, my download a few audio books and stick the headphones on.

Think I did 150 and thought sod it! Sure they will employ someone with previous experience of the role anyway.
Surely you'd think that's enough though, what more can you say about yourself that requires another 1350words. If i were viewing an application that was 1500 words long I'd probably overlook the person for waffling on.