Random Irritations

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Don’t want to post this in the Auschwitz thread as it will detract from what people are posting on there. But I find it irritating that every news report on radio, Tv and the msm on the net always say “The Nazis killed 1M Jews at Auschwitz” or “The Nazis exterminated 6M jews in the Holocaust” there is never any reference to Germany. I think this is wrong, I agree we should forgive the Germans but we should never forget what they committed just 75 years ago.
I suppose you don't say Cambodians carried out the genocide, rather it was pol pot and the Khmer rouge.

D

Deleted member 17920

My company lease car runs out at the end of June so I have started the process of looking for a replacement. The lack of knowledge from sales people about their own product never ceases to amaze me each time I go through this. A Honda dealer has just confirmed that a particular model has a diesel automatic, I've just checked the Honda website and it does not, and a Hyundai salesman used probably 4 times in the two minutes we spoke. If you are going to do a job then have some professional pride and do it properly, learn about your product.
If you are going to the dealership are you getting the car from them when you place the order?

D

Deleted member 17920

Have done for my last 3 cars and that is my preferred option this time. In the two instances today the dealers are in my home town so that would be really convenient for servicing as well.
Nice one. When I was a sales manager the amount of time my sales people lost to company car people who ordered elsewhere through leasing companies that wouldn’t use us was incredible.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have done for my last 3 cars and that is my preferred option this time. In the two instances today the dealers are in my home town so that would be really convenient for servicing as well.

My company car lease ended last year, for tax reasons I decided to privately lease this time. Our local Volvo dealer whilst very helpful could not match Nationwide vehicle contracts on price, I got my XC40 supplied by Mill North East.
The website is really easy to navigate and I recommend them....

https://www.nationwidevehiclecontra...cJXD0JmivgDg6XSlLl6NsuXWx7vTl_TwaAnTAEALw_wcB

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice one. When I was a sales manager the amount of time my sales people lost to company car people who ordered elsewhere through leasing companies that wouldn’t use us was incredible.

the counter to that currently seems to be wanting to buy a car for cash! basically been shown the door in 2 dealerships recently for having no interest in taking out a lease or finance, the latter one having to listen to why the salesman has the worst job in the world and cant wait to leave. be like that ill take the free test drives and the luke warm cup of coffee and find someone who actually wants to sell one lol

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Work colleagues who are always too busy to cover any absentee's work, whilst never being too busy to take the time to disrupt your working day telling you just how busy they are. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

D

Deleted member 17920

the counter to that currently seems to be wanting to buy a car for cash! basically been shown the door in 2 dealerships recently for having no interest in taking out a lease or finance, the latter one having to listen to why the salesman has the worst job in the world and cant wait to leave. be like that ill take the free test drives and the luke warm cup of coffee and find someone who actually wants to sell one lol
seen that loads.

Good salespeople were really hard to find. Most just pre judge the person.

To me a sale is a sale regardless,

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
My company car lease ended last year, for tax reasons I decided to privately lease this time. Our local Volvo dealer whilst very helpful could not match Nationwide vehicle contracts on price, I got my XC40 supplied by Mill North East.
The website is really easy to navigate and I recommend them....

https://www.nationwidevehiclecontra...cJXD0JmivgDg6XSlLl6NsuXWx7vTl_TwaAnTAEALw_wcB

I’ve used nationwide vehicles for my last 2 cars and they’ve been great

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
My company lease car runs out at the end of June so I have started the process of looking for a replacement. The lack of knowledge from sales people about their own product never ceases to amaze me each time I go through this. A Honda dealer has just confirmed that a particular model has a diesel automatic, I've just checked the Honda website and it does not, and a Hyundai salesman used probably 4 times in the two minutes we spoke. If you are going to do a job then have some professional pride and do it properly, learn about your product.

Lease Loco is a good comparison website, my own runs out in March, I wanted the BMW 8 series grand coupe, was a bargain at about 3k down and £360 a month, the wife said no though, it’s not a family friendly car ??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lease Loco is a good comparison website, my own runs out in March, I wanted the BMW 8 series grand coupe, was a bargain at about 3k down and £360 a month, the wife said no though, it’s not a family friendly car ??
Thanks for the tip. What miles do you do? I'm up to 20k and that is a bit of a killer.

My wife has rejected every option so far ?. Bloomin hard work. 8 series, good effort ??

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. What miles do you do? I'm up to 20k and that is a bit of a killer.

My wife has rejected every option so far ?. Bloomin hard work. 8 series, good effort ??

10k a year, I’m personal lease though.
It’s all about moving when the right deal is in and not hanging about.
I’ve paid 16k for 3 years hassle free driving in a Volkswagen Touerag, hard pushed to get anything as good ?
Pistonheads have a lease deal thread, pop on and have a look ??

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Yes the same thing, it feels like the perpetrators are trying to distance themselves from the atrocities. Almost airbrushing themselves out of their culpability.
Germans still suffer from a national malaise from the atrocities carried out by their government in the World Wars. They don’t forget.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Came down this morning the youview box says no signal

The Freesat said no signal

Managed to get most of it back now but my signals 8%.. aerial still on roof and sat still on house lol

Oh and typing on this forum is awful!! It takes forever to catch up. Taken to typing a note on my phone and copying it across to the forum

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Came down this morning the youview box says no signal

The Freesat said no signal

Managed to get most of it back now but my signals 8%.. aerial still on roof and sat still on house lol

Oh and typing on this forum is awful!! It takes forever to catch up. Taken to typing a note on my phone and copying it across to the forum
I find the typing thing is at its worst in chrome , but not so bad in opera.
Maybe try a different browser ?