Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Being asked to attend a disciplinary meeting as someones chosen representative (to have someone in as an impartial witness) and listening to them ignore numerous opportunities to just swallow a bit of pride and ego, admit what they did wasn't appropriate, apologise, close the matter and move on. The injured party doesn't even want to make it formal and a letter of expectation issued last week outlining what was deemed as the issue and what would be expected as suitable behaviour moving forward. This person didn't want to accept it and in an hour meeting today proceeded to did a hole. I was an observer only so couldn't contribute. Meeting concluded with no resolution and the individual looking at a further meeting to start a formal process. I said it was simple to simply admit the mistake, swallow some pride and say sorry and draw a line. Why waste an hour arguing a pointless and lost cause to prove a point to yourself. Waste of everyones time and now got to hope my advice can be passed on in time before management decide to act anyway

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
People who make empty and utterly meaningless gestures.

Example those who feel the need to announce to the world they will be refusing to use a certain patterned 50p piece plus the darn media who then report it !

Who on earth cares and indeed who the H**l bothers to inspect their 50p's.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The “what do you fancy for tea?” conversation. Every day. I’ve never once responded with I really fancy xyz. Yet the question still comes. Every day. 17 years and counting.
Somewhere out there your other half has posted in a Random Irritation thread that for 17 years they have been asking their other half what they want for their tea and not once have they come back with a helpful reply ?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Somewhere out there your other half has posted in a Random Irritation thread that for 17 years they have been asking their other half what they want for their tea and not once have they come back with a helpful reply ?

Yep, the "I don't know or the I don't mind" reply always irritates.

Wolf

Visit site
My stock response as I genuinely don't care what we have as I always eat what's put on my plate. Plus whenever I have made suggestions before being asked i always get told no don't fancy that, or that or that... Ask the Mrs what she wants instead and get told don't know why don't you decide ? the struggle is real for men and women....

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep I Get the “what do you fancy for dinner?” Text every day!

Who knew the hardest part of being married is figuring out what to eat for dinner every single night for the rest of your lives??

Next time she asks just text back "Kylie Minogue" ....................... then see what you get for tea!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My wife tends to do most of the cooking at home. It wasn't always that way, it is just how it has gone. Anyway, she found it really hard work to think up what to make each night so she started meal planning. Every Saturday now she writes on a board what she is going to cook each evening for that week. I'll make suggestions and we have to get all 7 days covered. We may move them around a little during the week but at least we have 7 ideas each week ready to go. Helps with the shopping, helps avoid having that irritating conversation each evening ?.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Made me chuckle as I do say to David every day "any thoughts about tea". The only affirmative I get is for cheese on toast or cheesy chips - otherwise it's usually "whatever"!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The increasing amount of films and TV programmes that use text and emails as part of the plot. The damned things are so small and on screen so fleetingly - drives me crackers. Pause, stand up and gawp like an idiot at the screen, sit back down, press play...then another important message is shown :mad:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do find it much easier now there are just the two of us at home as only thinking what meal to cook for two instead of four. I've never done different meals for everyone. Also did Gousto meals for a while which was good although most of their choices are high calories so have stopped them at the moment.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Mrs Hogie had a hospital appointment in Guildford this morning - ten miles away. It took her 1hr 5mins to get there and get parked. From our town station it takes us under 1hr to get into London by train...

One reason we might well move from this part of the world. The traffic is horrendous - and can be so almost any time of any day - as an incident on the roads can bring the whole area to a grinding halt.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My stock response as I genuinely don't care what we have as I always eat what's put on my plate. Plus whenever I have made suggestions before being asked i always get told no don't fancy that, or that or that... Ask the Mrs what she wants instead and get told don't know why don't you decide ? the struggle is real for men and women....
I would say the same but then there are always things that I don't particularly want. So maybe the question should be phrased "What do you definitely not want for dinner?" Then we'd be getting somewhere. :D

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife tends to do most of the cooking at home. It wasn't always that way, it is just how it has gone. Anyway, she found it really hard work to think up what to make each night so she started meal planning. Every Saturday now she writes on a board what she is going to cook each evening for that week. I'll make suggestions and we have to get all 7 days covered. We may move them around a little during the week but at least we have 7 ideas each week ready to go. Helps with the shopping, helps avoid having that irritating conversation each evening ?.
We find that best, planning the weeks meals on the Saturday before. Gives us a chance to get whatever meat we want from the butcher so that there can be no deviation regardless.
Its best all round, for health, wealth and least wasteful:)

YandaB

Visit site
Requests to install a smart meter. I have just recieved a "Final Meter Reading" letter from SSE. I see no benefit in having a new smart meter but apparently I must have one the end of 2022. The benefits apparently include:
1) saving me time and hassle of submitting readings - really not that onerous in my opinion
2) Take steps to reduce energy and start saving - measuring really does not do this, it can tell me how effective I am at doing it but getting the other occupants of the house to turn off lights, radios and laptops when not in use will not be achieved by a smart meter!
3) Reduce my carbon footprint - really! Unless it can do #2 for me it will increase it. There will be carbon used to create and fit said new smart meter, I suspect that it will only have a life of 5-10 years (most technology fits here) before needing replacing again and my current one is perfectly fine and as it's simple has lasted for probably 50 years and unlikely to break before 2022.
4) Help modernise Britains energy infrastructure ... allow us to better predict ... - how does measuring my individual household use of electricty do that exactly! Surely consumption can be measured already.
Barking, the whole programme!