Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
What made the popcorn worse was eating it whilst watching Four In A Bed. Not sure why I watch that as most times there are some quite awful people on it who I find quite depressing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Popcorn. Not sure why I ever bother with the stuff. Like chewing cardboard and spend the next hour trying to get the kernel bits out of my teeth.

I probably buy a bag a year and bin most of it. Must be my memory of it is much better than the reality.
Every now and then I try popcorn again, often because someone has said how it's healthier than crisps for lunch etc. Then it tastes ok for a while, until I get a whispy bit of it stuck in my throat that won't budge for the next hour and I remember why I hate the stuff.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Every now and then I try popcorn again, often because someone has said how it's healthier than crisps for lunch etc. Then it tastes ok for a while, until I get a whispy bit of it stuck in my throat that won't budge for the next hour and I remember why I hate the stuff.

The calorie count is what occasionally tempts me to try it again too...must remember to never ever bother again!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just thinking that if you are going to go to the bother and expense of putting up a sign indicating speed cameras ahead - what extra does it cost to simply stick the speed limit on the same sign...

Can't say I've noticed a speed limit sign immediately preceding every camera I pass - if there was I would not have this irritation.

My pet hate is Average speed cameras, they should have signs every mile or so reminding you of the limit , easy to miss one measly sign in a unfamiliar area especially when a few big lorries block your line of sight.
Limits can vary so much 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 on dual carriageways/ motorways [ M74 :mad: ] , but some cars just whizz bye, making you think have i missed something what is the limit.
The speed limit does show on my dash board but cars still whizz bye, do they know something I don't :confused:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Trudging through the wind and rain to the hotel only to find it, and immediate area, are without power.

Still, I could see a large yellow M in sky so now being unhealthy scoffing too much fast food ?????

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Obviously you’re totally in the wrong here and you know for a fact that speed bumps aren’t maintained to the standard they should be in all cases. I’d bet a lot of money that you’ve also hit some that weren’t easily visible because of their state of disrepair.

But hey, you wanna look cool by having a pop at me. That’s fine. That’s the internet. :)

You’d lose the bet. And the irony of your last paragraph is off the scale. ???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Online appraisals. Seems to take longer and be more complicated every year. I think they figure the more complicated they make it, the more likely people will do it wrong and kibosh their chance of a pay rise.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Online appraisals. Seems to take longer and be more complicated every year. I think they figure the more complicated they make it, the more likely people will do it wrong and kibosh their chance of a pay rise.

It's to create more jobs for middle managers, or at least to justify having so many of them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Pay Rise? I can't recall actually having one of these for 10yrs...:(