Random Irritations

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Our local is an odeon, we could travel to Wycombe for cheaper tickets, but pay more in transport
My local is a Odean,a new one is in the process of being built.
Apparently it’s going to be a Cineworld?.
They might get more people in & less watching via other methods if they didn’t charge so much.

And don’t get me started on the price of popcorn

Wolf

Visit site
My local is a Odean,a new one is in the process of being built.
Apparently it’s going to be a Cineworld?.
They might get more people in & less watching via other methods if they didn’t charge so much.

And don’t get me started on the price of popcorn
Odeon are a rip off as are cineworld. Mrs Wolf and I Took 3 of the kids last year see Lego movie 2, including a fruit shoot and kids popcorn it cost me £82 effectively for 90 mins entertainment.. Took same 3 to see Avengers End Game at VUE on ooening day but this time had sweets & popcorn for everyone as it was 3hrs long the total cost £27 quid.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Odeon are a rip off as are cineworld. Mrs Wolf and I Took 3 of the kids last year see Lego movie 2, including a fruit shoot and kids popcorn it cost me £82 effectively for 90 mins entertainment.. Took same 3 to see Avengers End Game at VUE on ooening day but this time had sweets & popcorn for everyone as it was 3hrs long the total cost £27 quid.

I’d be checking my receipt if they (odeon) charged me that. Missus is (nit for much longer) an auditor for odeon. Kids mix are £3.29 nationwide, so either they wanted £13 per person in a family ticket (pretty unlikely unless Leicester Square) or they cocked up.

Fully agree, Vue is they way forward though. Will be frequenting there more now that the supply of free tickets is about to run out.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I know someone who has food delivered, she has advanced MS and is confined to a wheel chair.
Add to that families with two working parents, who'd rather spend time with their kids having fun than walking around a shop.

But then I guess some people still only have a landline and turn their TV over by getting up and pressing buttons on the TV. Heaven forbid people move with the times...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been tough few days. HID apparently fainted in school on Thursday and fell and has a suspected broken wrist although despite 4 different x-rays nothing apparent in ED or when reviewed by the T&O consultant on Friday due the bruising and swelling so needs to go back in 10-14 days for another x-ray. More concerning was her BP (already on medication to control/lower) and the fact it was off the chart in ED and which is thought to have caused the momentary faint. ECG and triponin tesrs all clear and so not a heart issue. She's in a lot of pain and not sleeping.

Plus point was she saw her GP on Friday and they've changed her BP medication and the diastolic numbers beginning to come down already. She insisted I played golf knowing staying at home would drive me nuts and I'd get under her feet. She's started to feel as though her depression is coming back and so had taken steps to get on top of this and so this set-back hasn't helped her overall well being. Very good treatment by A&E though

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
you are not going to the north of Scotland ....West.... its not even north of Glasgow:LOL:

....I am not going straight to Islay... got a week near Loch Awe first.... that might not be north for you pros in Inverness, but for a bloke spending his working week in Southampton............. it's off the page of the road atlas!! :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
....I am not going straight to Islay... got a week near Loch Awe first.... that might not be north for you pros in Inverness, but for a bloke spending his working week in Southampton............. it's off the page of the road atlas!! :)
thats still not the North of Scotland eithere not even north of Perth, west still... North would be.... well north, Inverness is not even that far North, there s another 100 miles after that:ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My company lease car runs out at the end of June so I have started the process of looking for a replacement. The lack of knowledge from sales people about their own product never ceases to amaze me each time I go through this. A Honda dealer has just confirmed that a particular model has a diesel automatic, I've just checked the Honda website and it does not, and a Hyundai salesman used probably 4 times in the two minutes we spoke. If you are going to do a job then have some professional pride and do it properly, learn about your product.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Don’t want to post this in the Auschwitz thread as it will detract from what people are posting on there. But I find it irritating that every news report on radio, Tv and the msm on the net always say “The Nazis killed 1M Jews at Auschwitz” or “The Nazis exterminated 6M jews in the Holocaust” there is never any reference to Germany. I think this is wrong, I agree we should forgive the Germans but we should never forget what they committed just 75 years ago.