Random Irritations

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I suspect that you aren't serious but you should understand that a fatal stabbing in our country is usually a main national news item whereas one of your regular mass murders isn't going to make the headlines at all. Also, i very much doubt that most grannies have the skill to put down an attacker like they were an injured horse and finally your cooking wasnt anything special when I was last in the US (except maple syrup on ice and Ben and Jerry's ice cream)

I personally own eight firearms (although no para-military assault weapons which actually should be illegal for private ownership but incredibly are not).

I've got a Remington 40XB heavy barrelled rifle in .220 Swift
I've got a Ruger M44 carbine chambered in .44 Magnum.
I've got a Winchester Model 70 rifle in .300 Winchester Magnum
I've got a Colt Gold Cup 1911 pistol in .45 ACP.
I've got a Walther PPK in .380 ACP.
I've got a Browning Medalist target pistol in .22 rimfire.
And I've got a pair of Thompson Contender dueling pistols in .22 Hornet. (They're just wall decorations. We don't challenge one another to duels too often.)

No shotguns, however. Birds and I leave generally leave one another alone.

I don't hunt. I've never aimed a firearm at a living creature. I used to put holes in paper targets, but I don't even do that anymore.

The right to bear arms is in our Constitution and almost impossible to remove.

As for our mass murders, I've got no defense for that. It's true and it's a national disgrace. I'm not smart enough to know the answer.
We're a nation comprised mostly of people who weren't cutting it in their native nations and that sadly shows up in our violent character.

I'd still rather be shot in the head than slashed or bludgeoned to death, though! Walking around London without a gun felt a lot like walking around naked.

But this is hi-jacking the thread with a tangent topic. Sorry.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Why don’t you do a bit of reading.....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.hu...ndon-murder-rate_uk_5d05f0b8e4b0dc17ef0b1f25/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ife-crime-claim-how-do-the-us-and-uk-compare-

Tip....I wouldn’t necessarily believe everything that comes out of Trumps mouth.

I don't believe anything that comes out of the cretin Trump's mouth.
I also know you have fewer murders. Wish we had fewer too.
I'm just saying that being shot in the head is more humane than being slashed or bludgeoned, that's all.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I personally own eight firearms (although no para-military assault weapons which actually should be illegal for private ownership but incredibly are not).

And I've got a pair of Thompson Contender dueling pistols in .22 Hornet. (They're just wall decorations. We don't challenge one another to duels too often.)

I don't hunt. I've never aimed a firearm at a living creature. I used to put holes in paper targets, but I don't even do that anymore.

As for our mass murders, I've got no defense for that. It's true and it's a national disgrace. I'm not smart enough to know the answer.
We're a nation comprised mostly of people who weren't cutting it in their native nations and that sadly shows up in our violent character.

I'd still rather be shot in the head than slashed or bludgeoned to death, though! Walking around London without a gun felt a lot like walking around naked.

you have actually made your home less safe by having them guns.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www..../17155596/gun-ownership-polls-safety-violence

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site

I live outside of the city, practically in the woods.
(Living in Boston is a little expensive living on a pension!)

EVERYBODY has guns here.
An outdoor / indoor shooting range is one-quarter of a mile from my home. POP POP POP is what we hear all day.

If they were outlawed, however, which would actually require a constitutional amendment, I would happily surrender them provided I was fairly compensated.
I don't play with them anymore. I enjoyed them when I was a kid.

There may never be another amendment to our constitution again, however. It's almost impossible to do when the nation is so angry and polarized.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bullies & morons that give gym users a bad name and belittle others that are trying genuinely to improve their lives. Had a somewhat angry exchange with 2 such 20 something year olds this evening. I was training with Mrs Wolf tonight when 2 lads nearby started slating a lady about how she shouldn't be in the gym because of the size of her and were just being vile all whilst in earshot of the poor woman, Mrs Wolf took her off to a quiet area for a chat, turns out she had been told by Dr's to join a gym to help her get healthier and this was her first time aline and was just warming up for her induction.

Needless to say I had strong words with them, 1 tried being big man asking me do i know who he is? that prompted me to laugh in his face, at which point he and his pal went to complain about me asking for the manager, which unfortunately for them happens to be Mrs Wolf?. They've now had their membership revoked , and Mrs Wolf has offered the lady free PT twice a week for 12 week's with one of her female PTs to help her and in way of apology that she suffered abuse at the hands of those idiots.

The response from you and Mrs Wolf has made my day! pat on the back for both of you! Brilliant work!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
England's attempt at batting ................................. just pathetic.
Broad's wicket sums it all up.
Hilarious and, at the same time, randomly irritating.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Getting stuck behind an unfeasibly large 4x4 going through the lanes. It is the quick way back from the golf course, provided you don't get behind a huge SUV doing 20mph in the middle of the road. There is plenty of room for two sensibly sized cars to do the speed limit, and pass each other.

Never mind, I am sure it looks lovely outside the kids school, and keeps him lovely and safe all the way home.

The railings outside the school are battered though so the danger is in waiting for said parent to park.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Our club pro drives a Cadillac Escalade SUV. If somebody made a boat trailer large enough for the QU II, that Escalade could pull it.
The car makes my Jeep Grand Cherokee, a rather large car, look like a Mini Cooper.

We all started driving SUVs because sedans got so small. Maybe a Rolls, Bentley, or even an S-Class Mercedes (to mention one mass-produced model) isn't that small, but most of the sedans are. All of the generally affordable ones. (Or saloons as you call them.) Once you drive a big SUV, the functionality of it is hard to give up. And remember, we pay for a gallon of fuel what you pay for a liter. We have no NHS or other civilized things to pay for with fuel taxes.

We're on our third Grand Cherokee. They're sold in the UK as well. I've seen them on Netfilx. But then again, you have your own excellent Land/Range Rovers.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Yes, but you could always modify the front seats to a bench seat for one.

I was in a BMW Z4, enjoying a bit of roof down motoring, slowly.

Our club pro drives a Cadillac Escalade SUV. If somebody made a boat trailer large enough for the QU II, that Escalade could pull it.
The car makes my Jeep Grand Cherokee, a rather large car, look like a Mini Cooper.

We all started driving SUVs because sedans got so small. Maybe a Rolls, Bentley, or even an S-Class Mercedes (to mention one mass-produced model) isn't that small, but most of the sedans are. All of the generally affordable ones. (Or saloons as you call them.) Once you drive a big SUV, the functionality of it is hard to give up. And remember, we pay for a gallon of fuel what you pay for a liter. We have no NHS or other civilized things to pay for with fuel taxes.

We're on our third Grand Cherokee. They're sold in the UK as well. I've seen them on Netfilx. But then again, you have your own excellent Land/Range Rovers.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yeah, but our roads are not designed for SUVs of this size, nor are our car parks, or our towns.

That said, year on year, cars in the UK are getting bigger, not smaller.

My other car is a Mercedes CLS63AMGS shooting brake. I don't take that through the lanes, as it doesn't fit either.

D

Deleted member 15344

?

Is this some sort of parody account ?! Surely this isn’t real