Random Irritations

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I totally agree with one thing. I own sporting arms. Allowing the private ownership of assault weapons is totally absurd, and banning such ownership WOULD NOT VIOLATE OUR CONSTITUTION.
After all, people aren't allowed to privately own missile launchers in the US.

My "countrymen" in the red states don't agree, however.

Last edited:

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
The amendment allows arms to form part of a militia. Everyone knows it could be easily removed from law if both sides agree to it but no one wants to lose the yeehaw patriotic redneck vote.
What you state above has been declared untrue by our courts. Private ownership of (appropriate) firearms is guaranteed to every citizen not previously convicted of a felony.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
OK, we disagree about the right of a private citizen to own non-military, sporting and small self-defense firearms.
We seem to agree about the other kind...M-16s, AK47s and the like.

In any case, I'm coming off like Wild Bill Hickock when I'm really an elderly golfer from New England..which is closer to and more like Old England than any other part of our country.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yes. And my moral compass is fine with that. But killing an animal just to kill it falls below that standard for me.
but animals have to die to feed you,

one of the problems is peope don't know where their food comes from and what it is, Eveything i shoot we eat. TBH most of it lives on, if i miss it, not the case with anything in the domestic food chain.

i gave up beaten shoots long ago.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
but animals have to die to feed you,

one of the problems is peope don't know where their food comes from and what it is, Eveything i shoot we eat. TBH most of it lives on, if i miss it, not the case with anything in the domestic food chain.

i gave up beaten shoots long ago.
As I explained - I’m ok with animals dying to feed me. I’m not ok with anyone who gets enjoyment out of the act of killing for killing’s sake.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think most would agree that killing an animal for food is way different than killing an animal for sport.
sure but there are plenty who wouldn't and are happy for others to do it for them them pass judgement on those that would.

i have had plenty of conversations with vegetarians, who drink milk an wear leather but look down on those who provide those, so just asking a few questios as i was asked

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
sure but there are plenty who wouldn't and are happy for others to do it for them them pass judgement on those that would.

i have had plenty of conversations with vegetarians, who drink milk an wear leather but look down on those who provide those, so just asking a few questios as i was asked
As a meat eating, milk drinking, leather shoe and belt wearing man, I abhor the killing of animals for sport, but have no trouble when its for food.
I'm sure plants and seeds feel pain.;)