Random Irritations

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Mine is mandatory. I am "encouraged" to have it for where I work but also the GP tries to get me for my diabetes so no hiding place. Would rather have it than not so never decline it
Yeah, with hindsight, I'll be taking it next year.

Fortunately I've got enough credit at work through favours that it's not gonna cause any issues.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The In-laws have an ancient one in the kitchen that's the original boiler from when the house was built in the early 60's...still going strong, gets serviced every year, nothing ever goes wrong with it.. engineer says he can't believe it's still going. It'll probably outlast them!

My ancient boiler is cooking dinner... oops!:ROFLMAO:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine is mandatory. I am "encouraged" to have it for where I work but also the GP tries to get me for my diabetes so no hiding place. Would rather have it than not so never decline it

First year in about 10 years I haven't had one, my work for years did them.. it's cheaper to offer them than pay the sickpay was the theory

Due to cut backs they scrapped it last year I believe .. so I went asda and paid for one

Just totally forgot this year

Wife and little lady get them for free via the gp

I must remember next year

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Get your flu jab. My dad (78 years old) didn't have his and nearly paid the ultimate price. He caught flu which then mutated into pneumonia and sepsis. This caused him to spend Christmas "relaxing" in intensive care for10 days.

What a wonderful idea. I'd love to, but getting an appointment is nigh on impossible & the surgery offer me a walk in session during the day when I'm at work.

Add to that irritation the fact that the surgery will not hold the early and late appointments for workers, instead leaving them for all the retired.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
What a wonderful idea. I'd love to, but getting an appointment is nigh on impossible & the surgery offer me a walk in session during the day when I'm at work.

Add to that irritation the fact that the surgery will not hold the early and late appointments for workers, instead leaving them for all the retired.
My surgery opened on a Saturday last year, and only did flu jabs, you were given a slot to turn up in, got in the queue and they were pointing you to the next available - I took my daughter and it took us 10 mins tops from joining the queue to being out of the door - it was a great idea as they must have got through 10x the normal number of appointments.

Wolf

Visit site
Bullies & morons that give gym users a bad name and belittle others that are trying genuinely to improve their lives. Had a somewhat angry exchange with 2 such 20 something year olds this evening. I was training with Mrs Wolf tonight when 2 lads nearby started slating a lady about how she shouldn't be in the gym because of the size of her and were just being vile all whilst in earshot of the poor woman, Mrs Wolf took her off to a quiet area for a chat, turns out she had been told by Dr's to join a gym to help her get healthier and this was her first time aline and was just warming up for her induction.

Needless to say I had strong words with them, 1 tried being big man asking me do i know who he is? that prompted me to laugh in his face, at which point he and his pal went to complain about me asking for the manager, which unfortunately for them happens to be Mrs Wolf?. They've now had their membership revoked , and Mrs Wolf has offered the lady free PT twice a week for 12 week's with one of her female PTs to help her and in way of apology that she suffered abuse at the hands of those idiots.

Wolf

Visit site
Well done Mrs Wolf ???
She's a fiery little one and takes no crap. She wanted to PT the lady herself but she may have her RAF officer dates through soonish so may not have been able to commit the 12 weeks to the lady, so has organised it with one of her employed PTs and arranged for company to foot the bill.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Bullies & morons that give gym users a bad name and belittle others that are trying genuinely to improve their lives. Had a somewhat angry exchange with 2 such 20 something year olds this evening. I was training with Mrs Wolf tonight when 2 lads nearby started slating a lady about how she shouldn't be in the gym because of the size of her and were just being vile all whilst in earshot of the poor woman, Mrs Wolf took her off to a quiet area for a chat, turns out she had been told by Dr's to join a gym to help her get healthier and this was her first time aline and was just warming up for her induction.

Needless to say I had strong words with them, 1 tried being big man asking me do i know who he is? that prompted me to laugh in his face, at which point he and his pal went to complain about me asking for the manager, which unfortunately for them happens to be Mrs Wolf?. They've now had their membership revoked , and Mrs Wolf has offered the lady free PT twice a week for 12 week's with one of her female PTs to help her and in way of apology that she suffered abuse at the hands of those idiots.
Superb.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Angry encounters in the UK can become much more gruesome than they are here.
You guys have stabbings, slashings, stranglings, bludgeonings, poisonings, and all sorts of brutal attacks. I know from watching Netflix.

Here, everybody has firearms. Most grannies have pistols in their handbags. If things go badly, the worst thing that happens is a humane bullet in the brain.
That's one of the very few ways that we're more civilized than you. That and cooking.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yet more bloody rain
Course could be underwater again, at best with some temps.
Having to wait until 7.30 for the course update before deciding whether to go or not...
Tee time 8.10 with 25 minutes drive:mad:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
You guys have stabbings, slashings, stranglings, bludgeonings, poisonings, and all sorts of brutal attacks. I know from watching Netflix.

Here, everybody has firearms. Most grannies have pistols in their handbags. If things go badly, the worst thing that happens is a humane bullet in the brain.
That's one of the very few ways that we're more civilized than you. That and cooking.

I suspect that you aren't serious but you should understand that a fatal stabbing in our country is usually a main national news item whereas one of your regular mass murders isn't going to make the headlines at all. Also, i very much doubt that most grannies have the skill to put down an attacker like they were an injured horse and finally your cooking wasnt anything special when I was last in the US (except maple syrup on ice and Ben and Jerry's ice cream)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

I do hope you're joking :unsure:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I do hope you're joking :unsure:
It’s been obvious from his first couple of posts that he’s a current member on the wind or more probably a banned member with a new account. He’s claiming to be in the USA so a looked at his IP address by admin will surely reveal that at best he’s using a proxy to hide his location or at worst he’s based in the UK.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
After visiting my lass on Wednesday I’ve developed some nasty gastro issues myself which means I can’t visit her or even help bring her home if she’s discharged today. It never rains...