Random Irritations

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A lady on the ward with my wife waited over 3 hours for her important meds to come up. My wife has been waiting over 5 hours now since they said she could go. The IT side got her stuff together in about an hour and a half, but the pharmacy are ridiculous.
Almost certainly the ward have not sent the prescription to the pharmacy in a timely manner, either through the prescription not having been written up or the ward not sending the request to the pharmacy.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, sounds standard to me. I have no doubt that I will be the sympathetic ear later tonight about how frustrated the pharmacy staff have been by getting late requests from wards.
The ward sent my wifes requests out at the same time for her discharge The IT crew got their stuff to her in a timely manner, but the pharmacy still havent got the meds to her, which is now 6 hours waiting.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I volunteered in the hospital pharmacy for a while and there is an awful lot of checking and double checking that has to be done. Rightly so as it could be incredibly dangerous if mistakes were made. As has been said there are Doctors making errors on prescriptions - whether that be the drug, the dosage or contraindications with other meds. The pharmacist has to check every one. There is also a layer of checking of the meds themselves before being given to the patient. Some controlled drugs need more authorisation and paperwork (they still used carbon paper in one book)!

Having said that - I didn't stay long as the attitude of the staff stank! Pharmacy opened at 9am and never ever were the computers on and shutters open until dead on 9 or 9.01 despite patients queueing. A patient might ask me how long it would be and I'd get "as long as it takes" etc etc.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The ward sent my wifes requests out at the same time for her discharge The IT crew got their stuff to her in a timely manner, but the pharmacy still havent got the meds to her, which is now 6 hours waiting.
Hope it was sorted in time…Last year at Bart’s the ward nurse had to go herself to the pharmacy to collect the meds otherwise my dad’s partner would have missed her discharge time and have to stay an extra night.

With apologies to Mrs @Whereditgo the rest of the medical staff do not have a good word to say about the pharmacy (both Bart’s and RF are run by Lloyds)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope it was sorted in time…Last year at Bart’s the ward nurse had to go herself to the pharmacy to collect the meds otherwise my dad’s partner would have missed her discharge time and have to stay an extra night.

With apologies to Mrs @Whereditgo the rest of the medical staff do not have a good word to say about the pharmacy (both Bart’s and RF are run by Lloyds)
A total of 8 hrs and 15 mins, and still they hadn't come up from pharmacy, which was closed by then.
The nurses gave us 2 options, stay on the ward and go tomorrow once meds are sent, or go home now and they will taxi the meds to her tomorrow.
Considering people are in the corridor waiting beds with it being fully rammed, shes home and just hope the taxi arrives early tomorrow.
I know plenty of staff are really frustrated and doing as much and more as they can, but over 8 hours for meds is ridiculous, especially when it could have meant bed blocking when they need that the least.

Red devil

Visit site
A total of 8 hrs and 15 mins, and still they hadn't come up from pharmacy, which was closed by then.
The nurses gave us 2 options, stay on the ward and go tomorrow once meds are sent, or go home now and they will taxi the meds to her tomorrow.
Considering people are in the corridor waiting beds with it being fully rammed, shes home and just hope the taxi arrives early tomorrow.
I know plenty of staff are really frustrated and doing as much and more as they can, but over 8 hours for meds is ridiculous, especially when it could have meant bed blocking when they need that the least.
Why can't they just give you the prescription and you can get it from your local pharmacy?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Why can't they just give you the prescription and you can get it from your local pharmacy?
Often the meds can only be dispensed by the Hospital. My Mrs is on a cocktail of drugs after her Liver transplant, most she can get from the local pharmacy but her anti rejection meds can only come from the Royal Free. We was told it was to do with costs as we live in a different NHS region to the hospital.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Spent all day yesterday day painting the hall stairs and landing. Two coats, I was knackered at the end. Washed everything, just ready to sit down on missis T says “ flippin eck” , but in a tone of voice that meant a lot worse. The bloody paint was the wrong shade. White cotton has a hint of grey. It’s supposed to be neutral. It’s with all the light beige neutrals on display in B and Q. It’s bloody grey. I could have flippin cried. So last night at 6.30 am at Wickes, the Range and B and Q buying more paint.
So today when it’s been the best day of the year weather wise, instead of golfing, I have put another two coats on the Hall, landing and stairs. 🤬
More than a little irritated.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Missis T has told me a few times that it got to the stage where people were desperate to go home so they gave them the choice of going home after being discharged and the ward would ring the person up at home to say there prescription is ready to be picked up later that day. Patient got home without hanging around. Ward got a bed. Winner winner That’s ok if you don’t live 30 miles from the hospital.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Spent all day yesterday day painting the hall stairs and landing. Two coats, I was knackered at the end. Washed everything, just ready to sit down on missis T says “ flippin eck” , but in a tone of voice that meant a lot worse. The bloody paint was the wrong shade. White cotton has a hint of grey. It’s supposed to be neutral. It’s with all the light beige neutrals on display in B and Q. It’s bloody grey. I could have flippin cried. So last night at 6.30 am at Wickes, the Range and B and Q buying more paint.
So today when it’s been the best day of the year weather wise, instead of golfing, I have put another two coats on the Hall, landing and stairs. 🤬
More than a little irritated.

Yeah I'm not re-doing that even for a paid job, nae chance for a family freebie <get stuffed emoji> :D

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Working all day today and going away for a week tomorrow. This morning the side of one of my molars decides to part company with the rest of the tooth. It will be next week before I can get it fixed. 🤬

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Someone I've trained at least twice on how to use the system still not only getting it wrong, but irreversibly wrong now. Why not just tell me you still don't get it rather than ploughing on aimlessly and breaking everything? 🤦‍♂️

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Travelling with other people. Because one of the crew had an earlier flight we've all had to travel to the airport early. Five hours in Hamburg airport before my flight.

On the plus side, at least I'm going home.