Random Irritations

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I must say that with the trials and tribulations you seem to have had with the car, you’re doing a cracking job of not selling a full on EV to me.

TBH, once i got over the hump in trying to figure out what the hell was going on, it has been fairly smooth. though it took me a good 2 odd months to figure it out.
Only last week when we were driving past a BP garage, Mrs and I were saying that we dont miss going in there.. then i jinxed it. This morning, it seems to have oddly stopped charging around mid night. Usually this happens when someone updates the charger software. So i had to switch off the charger at the fuse board. then wait 10 mins. I will know if it fixes it when i plug it in tonight..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sudden increase in spam calls

Haven't had any for ages

Thursday had 3.

Yesterday was waiting for a call . Had 4 spam calls ..

One already today

These days with emails etc I don't get many calls, all WhatsApps etc so when the phone goes now it's 80% spam!

Just had an actual call from someone. It was a surprise to not be spam!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My word, driving on blue lights could be an experience. Some of the reactions from drivers were unbelievable.
The ones that get me are the ones who see a blue light, panic, and anchor on the brakes for no good reason, particularly when its coming towards them on the opposite side of the road and there's no reason for them to do anything🤦‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dunno if this is really an irritation or something I should be happy about but anyway... I took my car in for MOT today. I only just noticed that last year the same garage gave me an advisory on a brake pad which I'd done nothing about. So fully expecting the MOT to be a fail and that I'd need them to get that fixed.

Well they've just called me and said it's passed with two advisories - neither of them to do with a brake pad. Ok, good then.. I guess? Have they missed it or did they just make it up last time?? Only been driving 3 years now so this MOT stuff is still a mystery to me. :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dunno if this is really an irritation or something I should be happy about but anyway... I took my car in for MOT today. I only just noticed that last year the same garage gave me an advisory on a brake pad which I'd done nothing about. So fully expecting the MOT to be a fail and that I'd need them to get that fixed.

Well they've just called me and said it's passed with two advisories - neither of them to do with a brake pad. Ok, good then.. I guess? Have they missed it or did they just make it up last time?? Only been driving 3 years now so this MOT stuff is still a mystery to me. :LOL:

It depends on which tech has a look

Kwik fit are renowned for failing or putting advisories on things like Tyres and brake pads as they sell them...

Toyota failed my auris one year for a honeycomb number plate which I excepted was a failure . However I asked why it passed the 2 years before at the same garage? And also why they put the number plate on the car when they sold it to me knowing it was illegal. Got a full refund for the test for that one.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ones that get me are the ones who see a blue light, panic, and anchor on the brakes for no good reason, particularly when its coming towards them on the opposite side of the road and there's no reason for them to do anything🤦‍♂️
This annoys the 💩 out of me. They see a blue light and go into instant panic mode.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It depends on which tech has a look

Kwik fit are renowned for failing or putting advisories on things like Tyres and brake pads as they sell them...

Toyota failed my auris one year for a honeycomb number plate which I excepted was a failure . However I asked why it passed the 2 years before at the same garage? And also why they put the number plate on the car when they sold it to me knowing it was illegal. Got a full refund for the test for that one.
It's not a Kwik Fit or a Halfords - just a local one that I use because it's close enough to walk home after dropping the car off! The same woman on the front desk that we had a full conversation with this morning about the brake pad advisory seemed to have no memory of it when I collected it just now. Oh well, at least it's passed! Downside, one of the new advisories is a 'minor exhaust leak' which will need looking at.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Sudden increase in spam calls

Haven't had any for ages

Thursday had 3.

Yesterday was waiting for a call . Had 4 spam calls ..

One already today

These days with emails etc I don't get many calls, all WhatsApps etc so when the phone goes now it's 80% spam!

Just had an actual call from someone. It was a surprise to not be spam!

Have you thought about going on strike until they stop? 🤣

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
It's not a Kwik Fit or a Halfords - just a local one that I use because it's close enough to walk home after dropping the car off! The same woman on the front desk that we had a full conversation with this morning about the brake pad advisory seemed to have no memory of it when I collected it just now. Oh well, at least it's passed! Downside, one of the new advisories is a 'minor exhaust leak' which will need looking at.

Does the car sound "racy" now?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Give it a year and it will never have existed like the brake pad issue

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does the car sound "racy" now?
Don't really know what that means.. When I think back I did notice the other day there was bit of a delay in power going uphill but thought nothing of it at the time. Given that I've paid out for MOT, insurance, vehicle tax and my golf club renewal, this'll have to be something I keep an eye on for next month or the one after.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
This was a bit more serious than that - there was a cardboard box half full of solid black carbon :eek:
I remember I had a Toyota Avensis diesel and, every so often, you would see a cloud of black (carbon I am guessing) behind me as I accelerated from a junction or service station. Clearing out the filter. It was a cheat really to get around the emissions testing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't really know what that means.. When I think back I did notice the other day there was bit of a delay in power going uphill but thought nothing of it at the time. Given that I've paid out for MOT, insurance, vehicle tax and my golf club renewal, this'll have to be something I keep an eye on for next month or the one after.

Can't be that serious or would have failed the emissions part

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is a major irritation of mine, Royal Free Hospital is truly world class but it’s pharmacy is absolutely 💩

You can easily wait an hour for your prescription.
A lady on the ward with my wife waited over 3 hours for her important meds to come up. My wife has been waiting over 5 hours now since they said she could go. The IT side got her stuff together in about an hour and a half, but the pharmacy are ridiculous.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has someone overfilled the engine with oil?

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is a major irritation of mine, Royal Free Hospital is truly world class but it’s pharmacy is absolutely 💩

You can easily wait an hour for your prescription.
The fault is often not with the pharmacy though. Mrs Whereditgo is the Senior Pharmacy Tech at a large hospital, the errors from Drs and Consultants in prescriptions that get picked up and corrected by the pharmacy staff is staggering all of which contribute to seemingly slow dispensing. Add to that controlled drugs dispensing and the number of checks required, late requests from wards, urgent requests for drugs for critically ill patients. This evening is her late shift, the pharmacy is supposed to close at 17:30 and her shift finish at 18:30, she won't get away until 20:00 though!