Random Irritations

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Might come to that but it's the wrong direction for work which makes it awkward. In addition, looking on Mazda forums, people don't seem overly confident in their response to engine management warning lights. That hasn't encouraged me. It's plan c though 😄
What engine is it? The reason I ask is I had a Mazda with the 2.0 Diesel engine and there is an inherent design fault with this engine. The inlet manifold 'cokes up' and causes the engine management warning light to come on and the car to suffer loss of power, it's a fairly major job to de-coke. Mine went twice, the second time it took out the turbo!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finding that organising tennis doubles matches is just as difficult as organising golf pairs matches. Why do people enter? What can't they make some sacrifices to get matches played?!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What engine is it? The reason I ask is I had a Mazda with the 2.0 Diesel engine and there is an inherent design fault with this engine. The inlet manifold 'cokes up' and causes the engine management warning light to come on and the car to suffer loss of power, it's a fairly major job to de-coke. Mine went twice, the second time it took out the turbo!
2.0d, as yours. I'll add your suggestion to the ones I've seen on a mazda forum. I'll gently lob them at the garage and see if any of them stick as possibilities.

Thank you.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Covid is still out there. My cousin was in hospital for an unrelated condition. Due to be discharged last Friday but caught Covid whilst in there, and died yesterday…
So sorry for your loss. The same thing happened to my FIL last April. He never caught covid during the pandemic. But last year after contracting it he passed away after two weeks. 😢

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Drivers who don’t let ambulances and other emergency vehicles pass them 😡

Fully agree. However I do get annoyed with ambulances drive with the sirens on and don't overtake

No issue bluelights but find it very distracting when they are saying working on someone at the back but keep the sirens on without overtaking a soul

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe they had a very sick person on board and was taking it easy?

Which as I said is fine. However if they are blasting the sirens out. Without needing to overtake people it's just causing distraction from the road ahead.

By all means blue lights on. As I stated above.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
According to Mrs Imurg...if an Ambulance has its siren going its unlikely there's anyone in the back...it's blooming loud and potentially distressing..

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Which as I said is fine. However if they are blasting the sirens out. Without needing to overtake people it's just causing distraction from the road ahead.

By all means blue lights on. As I stated above.
Blimey you are quick to respond.. I posted then deleted when I reread your post!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Fully agree. However I do get annoyed with ambulances drive with the sirens on and don't overtake

If you’re referring to ambulances on motorways, then they probably aren’t quick enough to overtake traffic travelling at motorway speeds.

Billysboots

Visit site
According to Mrs Imurg...if an Ambulance has its siren going its unlikely there's anyone in the back...it's blooming loud and potentially distressing..

The reverse is actually true - because of the way sirens are configured they’re actually nowhere near as loud in a 3 9’s vehicle as you would expect.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you’re referring to ambulances on motorways, then they probably aren’t quick enough to overtake traffic travelling at motorway speeds.

Na not motorways that's understandable, on the a406 in London prime example. 30, 40 and 50 mph stretches

Like I said I can understand the bluelights but the sirens when not actively overtaking anyone just I personally find it distracting as I'm always trying to get out of the way and let them past but when you move over and they keep there for another 3 miles it's just a little disconcerting

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might come to that but it's the wrong direction for work which makes it awkward. In addition, looking on Mazda forums, people don't seem overly confident in their response to engine management warning lights. That hasn't encouraged me. It's plan c though 😄
I've got a Mazda 3 with an engine warning light on. A mechanic told me it's rubbish. Nowt wrong with engine, ignore it. It only comes on in cold weather, so that's 8 months of the year. When it comes to MOT time I drive around warm the engine, then go to test place. Use a gadget to knock it off and car passes. Simples

Billysboots

Visit site
Na not motorways that's understandable, on the a406 in London prime example. 30, 40 and 50 mph stretches

Like I said I can understand the bluelights but the sirens when not actively overtaking anyone just I personally find it distracting as I'm always trying to get out of the way and let them past but when you move over and they keep there for another 3 miles it's just a little disconcerting

It might be that they are obliged to use them when on an emergency run, not to make progress through traffic, but to protect themselves from litigation if they are involved in a collision. I stress that’s just me speculating, but there are often reasons for the actions of the 3 9’s services which aren’t obvious.