Random Irritations

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Golf insurance renewal £44 - same policy quote on their website £24.99 !! Renewal letter says ' if you can get it cheaper we'll refund difference " !!

Email response says "...its not the same cover..."! yes it is - tis their own policy.

Why do they try a ripoff and treat existing customers as mugs ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
step-daughter got married and moved out early Feb. Her OH is in the RAF and is away a bit so my Step Daughter comes home, not just for a few days but the entire time he's been away so far!
She's back for the next 2 weeks and apparently for the whole of May!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Past their sell-by date female pop bands who use one of their members to reveal a lesbian affair to push themselves into the spotlight and boost their flagging revival concert ticket sales.

Same individual should therefore remove the High Court injunction she has had in effect for the past year over something even more juicy …. or perhaps that is lined up for next week.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Drivers who don’t use bus lanes when they can
You can't have been done in one. I was about 3yrs ago, not on purpose, and now I am one of those who irritate you. The signage is usually poor, small and I am not going to gamble on whether I can or can not go in the lane and get another fine. Blame the council who introduce the blessed things.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can't have been done in one. I was about 3yrs ago, not on purpose, and now I am one of those who irritate you. The signage is usually poor, small and I am not going to gamble on whether I can or can not go in the lane and get another fine. Blame the council who introduce the blessed things.
Technically though aren’t you breaking the Highway Code by not being within 1 metre of the kerb where possible?

I agree the signage is awful at times but if out of hours I’ll use them. Whenever I see s lane I see the times and use where possible

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Technically though aren’t you breaking the Highway Code by not being within 1 metre of the kerb where possible?

I agree the signage is awful at times but if out of hours I’ll use them. Whenever I see s lane I see the times and use where possible
When the signage is clear you can make the move into the lane but I often find the bus lane signage is cluttered and if I am driving along, inevitably they are busy areas, I am not comfortable enough to drive, read the sign, absorb and then confidently move into the bus lane. The safer option, in terms of not getting a fine, is to stay outside the lane all together.

I don't do much city centre driving but I imagine if you do a route all of the time you know the bus lane info clearly and it would annoy. Think of us townies though, unsure and intimidated by you sophisticated city dwellers :D

There was a woman in the last month or so that was cleared of driving in a bus lane. She was a psychology professor from memory and she argued that the area she was caught had too many signs in a small area and the brain could not process them all in time based on the driving speed of 30mph. By the time the brain had processed them you were in the fine zone and could do nothing about it. She won her case. Signs need to be clear and not too many of them. Bus lane signs, certainly up here, are too small with too much info on them.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When the signage is clear you can make the move into the lane but I often find the bus lane signage is cluttered and if I am driving along, inevitably they are busy areas, I am not comfortable enough to drive, read the sign, absorb and then confidently move into the bus lane. The safer option, in terms of not getting a fine, is to stay outside the lane all together.

I don't do much city centre driving but I imagine if you do a route all of the time you know the bus lane info clearly and it would annoy. Think of us townies though, unsure and intimidated by you sophisticated city dwellers :D

There was a woman in the last month or so that was cleared of driving in a bus lane. She was a psychology professor from memory and she argued that the area she was caught had too many signs in a small area and the brain could not process them all in time based on the driving speed of 30mph. By the time the brain had processed them you were in the fine zone and could do nothing about it. She won her case. Signs need to be clear and not too many of them. Bus lane signs, certainly up here, are too small with too much info on them.

To be fair bus lanes should be my main gripe

They cause 99% of the traffic! Bus goes down then cuts in at the end causing tail backs

On my way to work in mornings if on earlier the a406 moves so much nicer before 7am when the bus lane is out of hours because you can have 3 lanes.. when it’s in use you get nice tail backs whilst the bus lane sits their unused ..

We have an awful one near us that is 24/7.. one bus every 20 mins on that one .. and it blocks the left hand turn.. so if you could use it so many people could get by instead of having to wait for the lights to change for the right hand turn people to cut across the traffic and then clear the end of the bus lane

Very bad design

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We are quite lucky in that our bus lanes are 24/7 - doesn't stop people driving in them but at least they have no excuse.
Biggest pain is that bus routes have changed a bit and a couple of the bus lanes don't get used at all...still can't drive in 'em!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Upgrading to a 'smart' motorway...

WHY?
What's the point?
Are there any real benefits?

Yes, by stupidly changing the speed limits every 50 yards, they raise money in speeding fines.

In about a million years they will have raised enough money to pay for the installation cost.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mrs Mogs has booked a long weekend away. During the Masters. For both of us.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

About 2 yrs ago I had to go to a wedding of one of my wifes friends on that weekend. Reception was to be held at a golf club. Champion thought I, show my face, sneak off to the bar whilst my wife reminices with the other people in the function room who I don't know but she does, and watch the golf. 7.30pm I give her the nod, go to the club bar, order a pint, get comfy in front of a 60" screen, fabulous picture. I smiled at the barman, 'I'm looking forward to this, do you expect many members to come in and watch it'? 'Errmm, we are closing at 8'. 'WTF :eek::eek:'. Not happy. Murph, I feel your pain (y)

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

About 2 yrs ago I had to go to a wedding of one of my wifes friends on that weekend. Reception was to be held at a golf club. Champion thought I, show my face, sneak off to the bar whilst my wife reminices with the other people in the function room who I don't know but she does, and watch the golf. 7.30pm I give her the nod, go to the club bar, order a pint, get comfy in front of a 60" screen, fabulous picture. I smiled at the barman, 'I'm looking forward to this, do you expect many members to come in and watch it'? 'Errmm, we are closing at 8'. 'WTF :eek::eek:'. Not happy. Murph, I feel your pain (y)

Just realised my cousin is getting married on Masters Sunday, luckily it's a dry wedding so hopefully be done and dusted well before the back 9 kicks off (and I might get to miss the first tee announcer)