Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's not really an irritation, rather a consideration.

I've noticed quite a number (mainly young woman) driving and holding the the steering wheel with one hand at the 12:00 o clock position. If I try this I find it a rather unstable way to control the steering versus my normal 10 to 2 position.

Any of you use this method?
I think you also forget having the seat in a less upright position than a Slumberland mattress.
It's a yoof thing, and very annoying.

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just returned from Barcelona, lovely City but full of robbers.
Twice in les than an hour:
1. On a crowded Metro when somebody tried to get into Mrs3OTT’s bag. Think we are savvy as nothing is in there as Credit card and sprint cash in pocket.

2. Heard something similar about being sprayed with bird line but in this case both our coats has spray, copious amounts on the back.
Initially I thought it may have been from a workman above but yhe position was so exact with probably 10 Hughes splashes on each coat.

A “helpful man” well dressed offered to take us in his house to clean it up.

Dread to think what would have happened if we had gone inside.
I don't understand any of that.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The numpty that decided not to park in the disabled spaces in front of the supermarket this morning... instead left his car across the front 3 of them, so none could be used.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
The dog sat barking on the living room rug so i got down to play with him.
The little bugger completly ignores me and jumps in my seat on the sofa
I have a nightly routine with my old boy….
- he tries to jump on the sofa and fails
- he looks sad whilst I point at his steps and tell him to use them
- I feel bad for him so get up to put him on the sofa
- as soon as I get up he jumps on the sofa and sits in my spot

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forgetting to change my fantasy team during the brief couple of hours between football gameweeks, so now I have 18-point Palmer stuck on the bench.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So here’s the thing. Back in 2000 when the London Eye was first used for New Year fireworks displays I thought wow! And for quite some years since I’ve enjoyed and wondered at the London and Edinburgh New Year fireworks.

But watching last night I realised I’ve pretty much completely tired of them, indeed I was thinking as I watched last night that they were an absurd, verging on obscene, show-off display of wealth and vulgarity quite out of keeping with today‘s times.

And so I must conclude that for me such displays have had their day, I’m out. And I am rather hoping such realisation is dawning on the organisers.

Aside to that downside - the upside of last night was that both me and my Mrs thought that Rick Astley @ The Roundhouse, Camden…was both great and a lot of fun. Eat your heart out Michael Buble…we got Rick.👍

Red devil

Visit site
So here’s the thing. Back in 2000 when the London Eye was first used for New Year fireworks displays I thought wow! And for quite some years since I’ve enjoyed and wondered at the London and Edinburgh New Year fireworks.

But watching last night I realised I’ve pretty much completely tired of them, indeed I was thinking as I watched last night that they were an absurd, verging on obscene, show-off display of wealth and vulgarity quite out of keeping with today‘s times.

And so I must conclude that for me such displays have had their day, I’m out. And I am rather hoping such realisation is dawning on the organisers.

Aside to that downside - the upside of last night was that both me and my Mrs thought that Rick Astley @ The Roundhouse, Camden…was both great and a lot of fun. Eat your heart out Michael Buble…we got Rick.👍
Still got a good voice has Rick. Was excellent at Glastonbury as well this year

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Newcastle had a big light display. Cheaper, more environmentally friendly, no noise issues. I'm with you. I stopped being excited by fireworks some time ago and the costs are excessive.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your point being what?

Correcting the facts of your statement.

Just like Boris buses, Boris bikes were all signed off under ken Livingston ulez was signed off under Boris.

That said I agree the fireworks are a waste of money (although they are sponsored) and environmentally aren't good.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Correcting the facts of your statement.

Just like Boris buses, Boris bikes were all signed off under ken Livingston ulez was signed off under Boris.

That said I agree the fireworks are a waste of money (although they are sponsored) and environmentally aren't good.

So you’re just trying to make it political then?