Random Irritations

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have been wearing a support on the right knee this week for golf and dog walking. Woke up this morning, right knee doesn't feel too bad, however left knee now aching and feels weak.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Far be it from me to be in the slightest bit supportive of any government minister on any matter whatsoever, I believe she has been advised that many junior doctors think ‘doctors in training‘ is preferable. I certainly heard that view being expressed when a radio presenter was asking for junior doctors to tell us how they’d prefer to be referred to.

That said I can see very easily that that description may make it seem to some that those on strike and seeking improved remuneration are doctors fresh out of uni…when they are mostly not. For me to say more than that and what I think on the matter and the current health Secretary would take me over the line.
Were they junior doctors that had actually phoned in though??

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
CAR TAX
I am trying to figure out when the car tax on my vehicle is due.. The Gov websiste says it is taxed

Vehicle status>> Taxed

The only other clue is
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued >> xx Apr 20xx

Should i assume tax is due in April 2024???

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
CAR TAX
I am trying to figure out when the car tax on my vehicle is due.. The Gov websiste says it is taxed

Vehicle status>> Taxed

The only other clue is
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued >> xx Apr 20xx

Should i assume tax is due in April 2024???
Don't you get a reminder a month before it's due..?

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
In effect that will be what happens, since if they are released at any point they will be on licence and under close scrutiny and monitoring for rest of their lives.
Yea and be given new lives and new identities at a significant cost to taxpayers, just like the Bulger murderers........and still doesn't stop them from re-offending :mad:. Hopefully this will be avoided by keeping them locked up for all their lives, but I doubt it given their age.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A very constant irritation. Next doors Luton van. "Only be here a few weeks" 6 months ago. Overhangs the pavement .. whoever visits them overhang the shared drive parking because of the thing .. his actual car he parks down the share driver at our garages. Fine for few weeks not got 6 months

I've just put the small car round the corner so our guests for Xmas can park freely without having to be asked to move

Don't get why others can't do the same..

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
A very constant irritation. Next doors Luton van. "Only be here a few weeks" 6 months ago. Overhangs the pavement .. whoever visits them overhang the shared drive parking because of the thing .. his actual car he parks down the share driver at our garages. Fine for few weeks not got 6 months

I've just put the small car round the corner so our guests for Xmas can park freely without having to be asked to move

Don't get why others can't do the same..
Because they're selfish and not sensible like you.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Because they're selfish and not sensible like you.

Just find it very annoying if my mother in law or mum are asked to move I'm either straight out there moving it or they leave (because they are anyways) and he is driving his car up before their off the drive

Yet if the mother in law asks their guest to move it takes 20 mins for them to appear .. just throw your shoes on.. takes but a moment

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Newspaper mastheads:
Sunday Telegraph - Sunday Newspaper of the Year
Sunday Times - Sunday Newspaper of the Year
Sunday Mirror - Sunday Newspaper of the Year

Which one is it, they can’t all be ? Or is it a very real case of not believing what you read in the newspapers?