Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

The continual bashing of golf , golf clubs and the sport all based on the odd bad apple - one bad club doesn’t mean the whole sport is rotten

D

Deleted member 3432

The continual bashing of golf , golf clubs and the sport all based on the odd bad apple - one bad club doesn’t mean the whole sport is rotten

Have you read the LIV thread it seems to be the view of at least 50% ??

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I understand it to be an Americanism that is a nonsense and a misuse of an idiom.

It is as bad as, "We'll be back momentarily."
Ah! Are we getting to the 'real issue' - that you don't like Americanisms? I've 'No praarblem' with that, nor most of their corruptions of English. GM at the first company I worked at in UK was an ex NFL Quarterback - with a knackered shoulder - so had quite a few expressions that had to be translated into 'proper' English.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I did not say that I dislike Americanisms.

The only Americanisms I don't like are the ones that make no sense or are an abuse of the language.

There are plenty of UK origin abuses of the the language that I dislike. The American nature of the misuse of the language is of no extra importance or significance to me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been having an email back-and-forth with someone for a bloody hour about a simple Excel list of documents with revisions and issue dates. Instead of just editing it to what she wants she keeps trying to tell me what it should look like so I can send it back to her again. Except her instructions are baffling - just do it your bloody self! She just wrote back again confused because I left the 'date issued' column blank. That was for you to write the date in once you've issued it you dozy mare! Are you not capable of writing a date in a cell on Excel?? Give me strength!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been having an email back-and-forth with someone for a bloody hour about a simple Excel list of documents with revisions and issue dates. Instead of just editing it to what she wants she keeps trying to tell me what it should look like so I can send it back to her again. Except her instructions are baffling - just do it your bloody self! She just wrote back again confused because I left the 'date issued' column blank. That was for you to write the date in once you've issued it you dozy mare! Are you not capable of writing a date in a cell on Excel?? Give me strength!

Excel/ Google sheets are one of the best things around for a lot of things.. be it work, personal organisation, writing clever formulas to fill stuff in automically ..

Problem is people! I had to lock down the one me and the wife share because she wrote over all the formulas .. so now she can edit one box and it will auto populate the sheet .. then she can fill in the blanks that she needs

It's like some people missed basic computing lessons!

D

Deleted member 3432

Excel/ Google sheets are one of the best things around for a lot of things.. be it work, personal organisation, writing clever formulas to fill stuff in automically ..

Problem is people! I had to lock down the one me and the wife share because she wrote over all the formulas .. so now she can edit one box and it will auto populate the sheet .. then she can fill in the blanks that she needs

It's like some people missed basic computing lessons!

Never used excel in my life ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The resident Walter at work.

I was talking to a colleague of how I need to test who's smarter out of our two colleagues as both have masters and both are very smart..

Pipes up oh I have a master's ...

Ofc you do

Was this in-between the active service you never went on, the injuries you got "in combat" that's been proven to be not related at all or the various other rubbish told

I mean he has told 3 different stories to us of how he lost his leg

I've heard 2 of them directly from him

I mean just stop lying ..

We had a year of him being like "normal" as in just friendly and no claiming stuff

Then one night claims he blew his leg off in his house because he was in so much pain

To which we asked didn't the police ask why you had all this bomb making stuff in your garage? "Oh no because of My history in bomb disposal they didn't ask me"

Excuse me?

Not to mention one of our ex forces lot knows his commanding officer from the boat he "served" on

I mean the Walter Mitty hunters club has a whole 7 page essay on him ..

Just stop telling stories ..

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
She really needs to employ an advisor with a brain, speak to someone from outside of her own circle, anyone just to tell her to shut up, disappear, spend the next two years doing local charity work and find some redemption. Doing more of the same, through the same media she was paid to leak info on about people she was supposedly friendly with, does not aid her cause. The hole just gets deeper and deeper.

Hopefully, someone will fill it in while she's still down there!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Water companies who make huge profits but are losing nearly 2.5bn litres of water a day through leaks. Weve had 8hrs+ without water 4 times already this year. Turning off the hose isnt going to fix it............

They'd fix them but the great & the good of the forum would then complain about the delays caused by the road works... ;)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mrs d saying those words all men dread;
“I’ve been thinking, we could…..”

That means I’ll be doing some diy this weekend

It’s usually me saying this, or similar, to myself that means that a much more complex and large piece of work is about to take place.

E.g, I could put a little lean-to workshop on the new garage…

Translated to, I will build a completely stand alone 6m x 4m garden room/ workshop at around 5 times the cost and fit windows and doors that are better than in some houses…

Every time this happens.