Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Shill vs flaming and bullying, which is worse?
Personally I appreciate comments from people that appear to be behind the ropes, although that claim is totally unfounded and seems to have been created by the aggressors.
I see the thread has re opened with some typical childish comments, it’s pathetic that some people are stooping so low to try and get a bitter point across.

Don't you mean trolling vs flaming & bullying? Neither is great, they are all as bad as each other but unfortunately when you've got one person posting that much guff to drive their agenda the Betari's Box effect is going to kick in big time.

I appreciate comments from people that are actually inside the ropes, unfortunately the main correspondent in this probably isn't but is acting like he's running the tour. It's going to put people's backs up.

Maybe the best innovation we could get on here is the ability to ignore a thread... :unsure:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't you mean trolling vs flaming & bullying? Neither is great, they are all as bad as each other but unfortunately when you've got one person posting that much guff to drive their agenda the Betari's Box effect is going to kick in big time.

I appreciate comments from people that are actually inside the ropes, unfortunately the main correspondent in this probably isn't but is acting like he's running the tour. It's going to put people's backs up.

Maybe the best innovation we could get on here is the ability to ignore a thread... :unsure:
I already have the ability to ignore a thread. I didn't need a forum gizmo to get it though. :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

I agree.
I'd love to be able to ignore some threads like 'wordle' and all the football threads.
OR....
Maybe have a separate section for football.
If 'Post a review', 'your golf pictures' and website feedback' get their own section, why not football as I'm sure there is a lot more interest in football than the others if post numbers are anything to go by.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree.
I'd love to be able to ignore some threads like 'wordle' and all the football threads.
OR....
Maybe have a separate section for football.
If 'Post a review', 'your golf pictures' and website feedback' get their own section, why not football as I'm sure there is a lot more interest in football than the others if post numbers are anything to go by.
The football thread is the separate section for football. If you don't want to talk about football you don't open it. What could possibly be difficult about that?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The football thread is the separate section for football. If you don't want to talk about football you don't open it. What could possibly be difficult about that?

Because it might be possible to have that section on ignore. That way the football posts wouldn't even appear on my list of new posts

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because it might be possible to have that section on ignore. That way the football posts wouldn't even appear on my list of new posts
:LOL: I still don't understand why it's such a hardship to glance upon the name of a thread that doesn't interest you? I don't like rugby or cycling, but I don't ask that those threads be hidden from my view, lest they offend my eyes.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
:LOL: I still don't understand why it's such a hardship to glance upon the name of a thread that doesn't interest you? I don't like rugby or cycling, but I don't ask that those threads be hidden from my view, lest they offend my eyes.

They don't offend my eyes, where did that come from?
If you can't accept it's my random irritation and you want an argument, argue with someone else, I'm done.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Essex and Suffolk water

Two sets of road works blocking main roads into town.. fair enough I guess ..works got to be done

No warning work starts here this date

Ones right outside the house.. that's fine .. well it's not it's a pain

What's more annoying is work is finished and they left the lights on.. the road is only closed off because that's where the van was. The hole / work is on the verge and the footpath is open as the verge is that big so only need the lights for their stuff ..

So you and your stuff gone for day...turn the lights off ....

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Essex and Suffolk water

Two sets of road works blocking main roads into town.. fair enough I guess ..works got to be done

What's more annoying is work is finished and they left the lights on.. the road is only closed off because that's where the van was. The hole / work is on the verge and the footpath is open as the verge is that big so only need the lights for their stuff ..

We had the classic " bollards up, traffic lights on, massive tailbacks and absolutely nothing going on" scenario this morning...
I getbthat they have to set these things up but at least wait until the workmen are actually there....plus there was no warning of this either....

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had the classic " bollards up, traffic lights on, massive tailbacks and absolutely nothing going on" scenario this morning...
I getbthat they have to set these things up but at least wait until the workmen are actually there....plus there was no warning of this either....

I left for golf 7am today came back to them. Had to go past my house to turn round as the "if red wait here" bit stops them over the dropped kerb ..

Ok no drama I'll go up road turn round then just come on

But when they aren't there? Especially when their "site" can all be kept safely on the verge and the lights could be put there off for the night ..

It's bin day tomorrow...it's going to be chaos lol

Is it illegal to move the lights out the way? ?

Edited

Either they heard me moan or one My neighbors has gone right and moved them lol to the side now

Less irritating

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Essex and Suffolk water

And were they both sets of planned works, or were they both emergencies... :unsure: