Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stupid/lazy reporters and journalists who try to prove that politicians are out of touch because they don't the price of certain everyday items such as bread, milk or petrol. When I go shopping I buy a trolley full and never know the price of individual items, I must be out of touch as well.

Is there anyone that still buys a pint of milk? Also the price is different depending on how much you buy. I bought 2 four pint cartons this morning at Tesco for £1.29 each (I had to check my receipt to find that out). So by my maths a pint of milk would be 32.25p. I'm pretty sure that if you buy a single pint of milk from Tesco it's not 32.25p.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there anyone that still buys a pint of milk? Also the price is different depending on how much you buy. I bought 2 four pint cartons this morning at Tesco for £1.29 each (I had to check my receipt to find that out). So by my maths a pint of milk would be 32.25p. I'm pretty sure that if you buy a single pint of milk from Tesco it's not 32.25p.

Yes and delivered by our local milkman. Costs more but we don't care.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Funding.. council gets more funding and powers as a city v a town.. it also comes with more responsibility but that is irrelevant
Not correct. The new cities will get more status but not more funding. They may get more visitors and therefore more revenue as a city but not more money from Government

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Indeed, we buy the 2 litre BOB Milk bottles. I couldn't tell you how much they are, I've just searched on Tesco and it's 2 quid apparently. Even if you knew how much these things are, it's hardly worth remembering just in case someone hits you with an impromptu quiz.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not correct. The new cities will get more status but not more funding. They may get more visitors and therefore more revenue as a city but not more money from Government

tnx.. i stand corrected. I was told that by a someone who worked with the coucil. I never fact checked it.. but looks like she was wrong

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
tnx.. i stand corrected. I was told that by a someone who worked with the coucil. I never fact checked it.. but looks like she was wrong
Listening to a 'debate' on R2 this lunchtime, most people seemed to think it was a vanity project by councillors and not really wanted by residents. Most councillors must think there is something in it for them!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Listening to a 'debate' on R2 this lunchtime, most people seemed to think it was a vanity project by councillors and not really wanted by residents. Most councillors must think there is something in it for them!

I mean near us Southend on sea was awarded city status due to that awful stabbing of their mp. Terrible state of affairs

When you drive there for the little sea side town .. it just seems weird to see "the city of Southend"

When I think English cities I think. London, Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool , Southampton, Portsmouth

Are we to create a new status

Village
Town
City (big town)
Super city (normal city)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Additional charges on air fares. Checked the BA website as management is hinting that she'd like to go away; fares £837 per person, additional charges £588.36 per person. o_O This includes a carrier imposed charge of £254 and £185 UK Air Passenger Duty. :eek: £47.10 for the Bermudian Government Passenger Tax seems an absolute steal in comparison. :rolleyes:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Additional charges on air fares. Checked the BA website as management is hinting that she'd like to go away; fares £837 per person, additional charges £588.36 per person. o_O This includes a carrier imposed charge of £254 and £185 UK Air Passenger Duty. :eek: £47.10 for the Bermudian Government Passenger Tax seems an absolute steal in comparison. :rolleyes:

Same here .. tax is almost same as ticket if you fly further afield. Soon they will rebrand it to Green tax and it will be deemed ok.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I mean near us Southend on sea was awarded city status due to that awful stabbing of their mp. Terrible state of affairs

When you drive there for the little sea side town .. it just seems weird to see "the city of Southend"

When I think English cities I think. London, Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool , Southampton, Portsmouth

Are we to create a new status

Village
Town
City (big town)
Super city (normal city)

Just saw the list of applicant. Having lived/worked around Guildford and Doncaster, not sure how Doncaster becomes a city while Guildford does not

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went to AG at the metro centre today, then on to the metro centre itself. The road system around there is an absolute mystery. So many turns next to each other meaning if you choose the wrong one you have to loop around. 3 loops in all today ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Catching up with the Queen's Platinum Jubilee event on ITV. The irritation is Philip Schofield's "Health & Safety" type announcements before some of the displays, warning you not to worry about what we are about to see, thus completely spoiling the surprise in some of the displays. If we were that concerned we wouldn't be watching.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When you "win" something on ebay, pay the bloke and then don't hear another word from him.
Chase up delivery... no response from seller.
Involve ebay..... no response from seller.
I've been refunded but it just annoys me.