Random Irritations

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
EasyJet announcing boarding 15 minutes before arriving passengers start leaving the plane we are about to board. Muppets.

Almost as bad are the EasyJet customers who join the single queue for check in even though the check in for their flight hasn’t opened.

We joined a horrific queue at Malaga recently and it turned out it was full of imbeciles booked on a flight to Gatwick, who joined the single check in queue despite it quite clearly saying on the departure board that check in for their flight had not opened.

There’s plenty of space at most airports for people to wait for check in for their flight to open. Just because an airline has advised passengers to arrive at an airport early, it doesn’t follow that those passengers then have to join the check in queue. That merely adds to the problem.

Last edited:

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Had similar yesterday, I had parked up to grab something from petrol station shop. Parked away from everything as there no spaces to park properly so just parked near the air thing but further down.

Go to leave and someone decided to pull up and park right outside the shop, so it meant having to wait for the person using the pump to finish, pay and leave

People just have no awareness.

You are generous. People just don't give a damn about anybody else?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You are generous. People just don't give a damn about anybody else?
And this is manifest throughout society at every level and in every context. Fortunately there are plenty of folks out there who are not of this mindset, and it isn‘t about caring, it’s about not caring.

[thoughts removed]

And I try very hard to not get irritated by the behaviour and acts of others. Life is just too short, fragile and precious.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
People who hassle you first thing in the morning to do something that you would be doing regardless.

Separate one - people who cry off from activities at the last minute with weak excuses.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
People who call you out on a conference call and group e-mail for being wrong. And then when they admit you were right all along, only do it on a solo e-mail.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
getting a snotty email from one of our placement leaders asking for "full and accurate" policy docs and then adding in the wording of a clause that needed to be in the policy.

someone is getting an email stating that if they'd read the policy then the clause they wanted was already in the policy.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
People who hassle you first thing in the morning to do something that you would be doing regardless.

Separate one - people who cry off from activities at the last minute with weak excuses.

Don't you mean people who've stopped you doing the job they want done because you're on the phone to them?

"Well when do you think you'll finish it?"

"Well it won't be while I'm on the phone to you...."

It's like being in the Fawlty Towers moose head scene

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People who, when they disagree with another's persons point of view, immediately start with the name calling and insults. Why can't people just agree to disagree anymore?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The NHS service we got yesterday was just awful

Mrs was worried about one of the girls so took her down polyclinic..

4 hour wait .. so they made us a hub appointment for 4pm (that's a Dr who rings u)

Got home they called to say so sorry we booked it for tomorrow by mistake

Well they called my wife even tho I gave my number

And today .. (4pm appointment) Mrs has had 2 missed calls I have had nothing and they won't call back they said as we didn't answer

That's why I gave my number and not my wife's

Madness

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Stumbled on Euronews channel (never knew i had it) at lunch today.. It was news hour. Top 2 headlines
1) War in Ukraine
2) UK draws battle-lines on Northen Ireland.

If someone was watching this cold, it gives a sense that Europe is fighting a war at both flanks.... Silly politicians and headline writers