Random Irritations

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m with you. I can’t stand the celebrity idol culture generally so am fascinated reading of her self immolation on the witness stand and everything it’s revealing about the complicity in those types of tabloid “stories.”

but isnt thta the same with politics.. the amount of spin and complicity you see. Wont comment more as the rule books will come looking for me

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Taking a full on stamp (accidental) on the foot at football last night, from a feller with studs on. Big toenail has already gone dark blue. ?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The pop-up blocker in my Firefox browser has just popped up a window asking for a donation.
I wonder if the irony is lost on the person who coded it?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The pop-up blocker in my Firefox browser has just popped up a window asking for a donation.
I wonder if the irony is lost on the person who coded it?

havent seen a third party pop up blocker in about 5 years. Does anyone us it. most browers have disable pop-ups as a feature. No need for third party ones.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Don't worry about my soup, just save yourself while you still can. It's too late for me. Goodbye cruel world.

Steady fella, I wasn't offering to get the freakin stuff :eek: ... I'll put that little lapse down to your weakened condition! :LOL:
Just make sure you write a note for your designated care giver with 'bowl' or 'mug' written on it
(if not too drowsy you can attempt a picture but I can't be responsible if you can't draw and it looks like you're asking for an enama

Good luck, we'll see you on the flipside

edit: btw, did I mention we're all playing golf in the sunshine tomorrow :cool:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
B&Q being idiots. Our shower/bath mixer that we've had just over a year has failed (water not hot enough) - something to do with a 'cartridge' but you can't get replacement cartridges for it, so we need the whole shower replaced. Under warranty but they told us we need to bring them the old one in order to get the replacement. So we need to pay for two separate plumber call outs to take the old one out and fit the new one a day later? Don't be stupid - we'll take the replacement, have the whole job done in one go, then bring the broken one back to you. No, they won't have that. We have to buy the new one outright and then return the old one for a refund. Now I wonder if there might be complications when it comes to getting the refund? :rolleyes:

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
B&Q being idiots. Our shower/bath mixer that we've had just over a year has failed (water not hot enough) - something to do with a 'cartridge' but you can't get replacement cartridges for it, so we need the whole shower replaced. Under warranty but they told us we need to bring them the old one in order to get the replacement. So we need to pay for two separate plumber call outs to take the old one out and fit the new one a day later? Don't be stupid - we'll take the replacement, have the whole job done in one go, then bring the broken one back to you. No, they won't have that. We have to buy the new one outright and then return the old one for a refund. Now I wonder if there might be complications when it comes to getting the refund? :rolleyes:

That's the norm with warranty components I'm afraid, can't really expect the supplier to give you a free replacement, they would never see most people again! and then they have no recourse with their supplier.

To be fair to B&Q, I've never had any issues getting a refund when returning stuff.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Have you considered that they might simply be protecting themselves from being scammed? An irritation, certainly. But B&Q are not being idiots!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's the norm with warranty components I'm afraid, can't really expect the supplier to give you a free replacement, they would never see most people again! and then they have no recourse with their supplier.

To be fair to B&Q, I've never had any issues getting a refund when returning stuff.
Hope you're right! They would obviously have our names and addresses etc if we didn't return the faulty one though.

Have you considered that they might simply be protecting themselves from being scammed? An irritation, certainly. But B&Q are not being idiots!
Instead scamming the customer who has to pay an extra £100 for another call-out? There must be a middle ground.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope you're right! They would obviously have our names and addresses etc if we didn't return the faulty one though.

Instead scamming the customer who has to pay an extra £100 for another call-out? There must be a middle ground.

But what if the component they supply isn't actually faulty? B&Q supply mainly to DIY'ers, I would bet they get a lot of incorrect diagnosis.

I would have expected that the cartridge would be a replaceable component and the plumber to repair it in one visit, even if it meant nipping off to the supplier to get a part.