Random Irritations

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Vertigo. Had my first sick day in 15+ years today.
If I choose the correct lying position I feel fine (hence reading & posting!) and a bit of a fraud. Sit or stand and it's spinning, temperature & nausea ?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Next door's gardener has cut a stretch of about 2m of our shoulder high front privet hedge down by 30/40cm.

Its taken us about 20 years to grow it even and dense. I now have an ugly step exposing old bare wood!

We have good relations with them but the front hedge now looks really ugly . What to do....

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I choose the correct lying position I feel fine (hence reading & posting!) and a bit of a fraud. Sit or stand and it's spinning, temperature & nausea ?

You might try the Epley trick for BVP.

Mandofred

Visit site
I've had some more recent bouts of "ear stones"..... Could you have a bit of that? It's semi-fixable from the house if it is. I have an incline table I use for my back, and it helps the ear issues usually.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Next door's gardener has cut a stretch of about 2m of our shoulder high front privet hedge down by 30/40cm.

Its taken us about 20 years to grow it even and dense. I now have an ugly step exposing old bare wood!

We have good relations with them but the front hedge now looks really ugly . What to do....
It'll soon green up, best time of year to do hard privet reductions, did one last year where I took 3 foot off and its lovely now

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

I spent 10 years correcting a dip in the hedge (about a foot over 30 foot length).
Next door got new gardeners in, and cut a flipping great dip in the hedge. Back to square one.
What can you do? Nothing. It's done.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The TV ads for loans. Apparently I can borrow 16k at 99.9% APR almost no questions asked. That is some interest on a large sum of money. Pay day loan rates were mental, but at least they were only meant to be short term. 16k for a car (as advertised, along with debt clearance and diy) isn't a short term loan. It is preying on the poor and disadvantaged.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Talking of TV Ads. Why do , whoever decides these things, they bombard you with the same ad, every break. Watch an hours show and that Ad is there 4/5 times.
All it does for me is gets me so pissed with the product that I decide never to use it.
There is an accepted? thinking in advertising, I am told, that the objective is achieved, because I'm thinking of the product, evidenced by my "cussing " of it. So advertising works.
Flawed thinking, same as "shops blaring out background music increases sales "
Marketing myths, perpetuated for obvious reasons.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The constant gambling ads on tele, particularly those that show people apparently winning every time. Surely the rules should ensure that they show a proportionate number of losers in line with the odds of the game they advertise?

The one that annoys me is Jose Mourinho promoting gambling he must be a multi millionaire so why would he do this other than greed?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The one that annoys me is Jose Mourinho promoting gambling he must be a multi millionaire so why would he do this other than greed?
His Paddy Power adverts are really funny to be fair, he sends himself up nicely. I dunno if I'd call it greed, but it's easy money and probably quite fun. I don't know why anyone would turn it down really.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
His Paddy Power adverts are really funny to be fair, he sends himself up nicely. I dunno if I'd call it greed, but it's easy money and probably quite fun. I don't know why anyone would turn it down really.
Ethics? When you are rich you can pick and choose. He doesn't need the money to pay the mortgage.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ethics? When you are rich you can pick and choose. He doesn't need the money to pay the mortgage.
Nor do most of the celebs that do any of the adverts...if they're big enough to make it worthwhile for the product to pay £Xk for then they ain't scratching around to find a quid for the leccy....I might get 25p...then again I'd probably have to pay them

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What ethics?
Okay, I'll bite. It is perfectly legal but there are enough people who struggle with gambling, debts, addiction etc that a multi millionaire joking and promoting a gambling firm is not something I would do in similar circumstances. Promote something else but not something that creates genuine misery for many of the supporters who follow the game he works in.

There are talks about banning clubs from having betting firms as shirt sponsors. Why would that happen if all was well?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nor do most of the celebs that do any of the adverts...if they're big enough to make it worthwhile for the product to pay £Xk for then they ain't scratching around to find a quid for the leccy....I might get 25p...then again I'd probably have to pay them
I understand that. It elevates people up the scale and I have no problem with that, standard to 1st class to shared private jet to own private jet. Upgrade the yacht, buy a villa in Barbados as well as Portugal and Dubai etc. That is fine. When you reach that level, have a think about what it is you are suggesting people spend their money on though. That's not hard.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I understand that. It elevates people up the scale and I have no problem with that, standard to 1st class to shared private jet to own private jet. Upgrade the yacht, buy a villa in Barbados as well as Portugal and Dubai etc. That is fine. When you reach that level, have a think about what it is you are suggesting people spend their money on though. That's not hard.
Absolutely see your point but I think you're confusing Jose with someone who gives a monkeys......to be honest, do any of them in the upper echelons of celebrity.?