Random Irritations

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is [currently] only the one door with an intermittent fault...
So hoping it's something 'sticky' in the mechanism or something related to the solenoid...
My driver's door suddenly stopped opening from the outside today Volvo Xc60 and issue was low key battery, changed battery and started car up, locked and unlocked door from inside and sorted ??.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I wonder what bad news the media will dream up next.
Maybe not dream up, but I am sure if there wasn't a pandemic then news relating to the B word would be far more prevalent. There are some but generally have to go looking.
As we approach the end of the UK financial year I'm unfortunately expecting many stories around closures, downsizing etc.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Nepotism.
Work are in a favourable position to employ people en masse in this climate but keep employing sub standard staff or not the best that applied because they’re so and so’s relation of some kind.
Not sure I could hold my head up knowing I was given my job.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fish & Chip shop phone orders.

Phone up to place order, and therefore minimise the amount of time in/near the shop. I get told 'ready in 15 mins'. So I arrive there 14.5 mins later. Not ready, and after waiting outside for 15 more mins, still not ready. Told them where to put their chips ...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm handing one of my projects over to the new person taking it over this week. Just found out they've not used our current system, don't even have an account, not had any training on it or anything. Handover should be fun then, she's not going to have a clue what I'm talking about.
It gets worse - it turns out nobody even told her that she was taking over from me on Monday. She was under impression it was over a month away! I've been talking to her all week assuming she knew. The communication is an absolute mess. It looks like she's now going to be landed looking after two projects at once - my manager is basically uncaring, he's just assured me that I'll be leaving that project as of Monday. I feel bad for the poor girl as she's being landed right in it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife’s friend complained about her husband needing a rest when he returned from work.. my wife then says I just sit about at work .. I stopped myself asking if pyjamas were day wear. Might get her up at 6am tomorrow as well

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nepotism.
Work are in a favourable position to employ people en masse in this climate but keep employing sub standard staff or not the best that applied because they’re so and so’s relation of some kind.
Not sure I could hold my head up knowing I was given my job.

Sadly, been part 'n parcel of life since forever...
And, probably won't change anytime soon...

D

Deleted member 18588

Sadly, been part 'n parcel of life since forever...
And, probably won't change anytime soon...

And not just in the professions and white collar occupations.

Some of the car factories in the Midlands, printworkers in the old Fleet Street and some of the docks.

Almost impossible for someone to get into some of those unless you had a connection ?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
And not just in the professions and white collar occupations.

Some of the car factories in the Midlands, printworkers in the old Fleet Street and some of the docks.

Almost impossible for someone to get into some of those unless you had a connection ?

Whenever I started a new job I made sure I knew who was connected to who before I passed any comment on anyone...