Random Irritations

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We have a pheasant, who spends a few hours a day mooching around on our lawn (grass, moss, weed patch, take your pick, one thing it is not is stripey).

Mrs Mogs has been out scattering seeds for it. She likes to see it scavenging about in the garden. When it doesn't find all of these, there will be even more weeds in the garden.

We have bird feeders for small birds, that the tree rats empty on the ground already, but nothing that would support a pheasant.

I think the aim of this pheasant is to become so fat it can't fly. We may yet need a cat flap in the gate so it can waddle out.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a pheasant, who spends a few hours a day mooching around on our lawn (grass, moss, weed patch, take your pick, one thing it is not is stripey).

Mrs Mogs has been out scattering seeds for it. She likes to see it scavenging about in the garden. When it doesn't find all of these, there will be even more weeds in the garden.

We have bird feeders for small birds, that the tree rats empty on the ground already, but nothing that would support a pheasant.

I think the aim of this pheasant is to become so fat it can't fly. We may yet need a cat flap in the gate so it can waddle out.

Don't the cats chase it? A couple of weeks ago Daisy suddenly dashed into a hedge and after a lot of squalking a startled pheasant came out followed by the pup with a mouth full of feathers! I couldn't believe she'd grabbed it and should think it's had a chilly bottom since.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Don't the cats chase it? A couple of weeks ago Daisy suddenly dashed into a hedge and after a lot of squalking a startled pheasant came out followed by the pup with a mouth full of feathers! I couldn't believe she'd grabbed it and should think it's had a chilly bottom since.

They can look out of the window at it, but no, their days of catching stuff are long gone. Ever since Mog1s £8000 vet bill (and reduction in the number of legs), they have been strictly indoor cats, unless put on a harness, and tied to a tree. They seem quite happy with their lot.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
They can look out of the window at it, but no, their days of catching stuff are long gone. Ever since Mog1s £8000 vet bill (and reduction in the number of legs), they have been strictly indoor cats, unless put on a harness, and tied to a tree. They seem quite happy with their lot.

Ouch on both counts. Sounds like they're spoilt rotten so I bet they don't complain! A work colleague had two cats sadly run over and killed in the space of a few months. Broke her heart. So her two are house cats and seem perfectly happy.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Maybe Mrs Mog is fattening it up for a lunch

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Golf coverage on Sky (again). Just turned it on as the adverts started, which lasted about 2.5 minutes. Then 6 minutes of golf which included 7 putts, a chip shot and one shot from the fairway. Then back for another round of adverts. American golf coverage is just dire. They may as well just have a webcam pointed at the practice putting green. I'll tune back in for the last couple of hours on Sunday evening.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Two for me today:

First, click and collect shopping....we have a regular slot collecting from
Tesco at 8 on a Friday evening and the majority of the time there are no issues. On a few occasions there have been some items out of stock so I have popped inside to choose an alternative as we don’t do the substitutes. On each occasion the exact items have been sitting there happily in the shelf.

Secondly, in Tesco this evening walk up one aisle and a group of 3 people all talking away using some unnecessary profanities with no masks on....yes that’s right they are all holding their masks in their hands.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two for me today:

Tesco at 8 on a Friday evening and the majority of the time there are no issues. On a few occasions there have been some items out of stock so I have popped inside to choose an alternative as we don’t do the substitutes. On each occasion the exact items have been sitting there happily in the shelf.

Secondly, in Tesco this evening walk up one aisle and a group of 3 people all talking away using some unnecessary profanities with no masks on....yes that’s right they are all holding their masks in their hands.

Click and collect Tesco orders aren't provided by the shop itself

It's done by a distribution centre (or a bigger store) which then sends a van to the store you select

For example my Tesco uses lakeside store for all it's click and collects

So that's why you will find the items in the store

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Click and collect Tesco orders aren't provided by the shop itself

It's done by a distribution centre (or a bigger store) which then sends a van to the store you select

For example my Tesco uses lakeside store for all it's click and collects

So that's why you will find the items in the store

That makes perfect sense, still irritating though.

It’s a pretty big Tesco store, so don’t know if they would be picked there or not....never seen any staff picking in there though so it would seem at a distribution centre.

Our local Sainsbury’s is a different story though, can’t move for staff members picking click and collect orders.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Two for me today:

There's a cracking video doing the rounds on Facebook , showing Aldi's new home delivery service :love::ROFLMAO:, be good if someone could post it here (y)