Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That makes perfect sense, still irritating though.

It’s a pretty big Tesco store, so don’t know if they would be picked there or not....never seen any staff picking in there though so it would seem at a distribution centre.

Our local Sainsbury’s is a different story though, can’t move for staff members picking click and collect orders.

Oh I agree blooming annoying

Will prob be a bigger centre as it's more effient and also if they pick all their stock for online they need to restock the shelfs more

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Selling something on a reasonably well known site for such things. It's an expensive item. It has a price that I have set. Yes, someone can make an offer, but try to keep it realistic. No, I am not accepting 75% of what the price is. That is a nice try, but no, not going to happen.
But then, don't pm me, and ask what I will accept for it. It's the asking price. That is why I put it there. If I wanted less (alot less), that is the number I would have put. Or, make me an offer. It's not for me to say it's for you to offer, but don't just waste my time, or I won't sell it to you anyway.

Boomy

Visit site
Golf coverage on Sky (again). Just turned it on as the adverts started, which lasted about 2.5 minutes. Then 6 minutes of golf which included 7 putts, a chip shot and one shot from the fairway. Then back for another round of adverts. American golf coverage is just dire. They may as well just have a webcam pointed at the practice putting green. I'll tune back in for the last couple of hours on Sunday evening.

Agreed, 100% - whenever it involves the American coverage it is dire! You barely get to watch any actual golf. Think I’ll start watching the highlights program the following day!

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just be grateful for some immunity and move onwards and upwards. I 100% don't care which one I get - just the sooner the better.

Clearly doesn't give me immunity from my 'random irritation' being commented on/questioned ;)...
Which, I thought, was an unwritten rule for this particular thread :unsure:...

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Selling something on a reasonably well known site for such things. It's an expensive item. It has a price that I have set. Yes, someone can make an offer, but try to keep it realistic. No, I am not accepting 75% of what the price is. That is a nice try, but no, not going to happen.
But then, don't pm me, and ask what I will accept for it. It's the asking price. That is why I put it there. If I wanted less (alot less), that is the number I would have put. Or, make me an offer. It's not for me to say it's for you to offer, but don't just waste my time, or I won't sell it to you anyway.
Yeah it annoys me how people take the mick. I always set the starting price at the lowest price I would accept anyway, as that seems like a sensible and logical way to do it. I used to allow offers slightly under just in case it didn't have any bids by the last day, but you just get loads of lowball offers immediately so I stopped bothering. I just set the lowest offer the same as the start price now.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Yeah it annoys me how people take the mick. I always set the starting price at the lowest price I would accept anyway, as that seems like a sensible and logical way to do it. I used to allow offers slightly under just in case it didn't have any bids by the last day, but you just get loads of lowball offers immediately so I stopped bothering. I just set the lowest offer the same as the start price now.

Coming at it from the buyers side, if I see something I really want then I'll "best offer" above the start price.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clubhouse golf.

Trying to do a simple return

Why don't they email your order number?

Why don't they have an account section rather than just send your stuff out so u can look up your darn order number

That's all I need

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Walked past the pro shop today. It's in the middle of a refit.

Given how desperate I am to have a pop with my Autoflex driver shaft, it was irritating to see one of the guys who works part time in the pro shop carrying in the trackman to have a go on the simulator.

Can I have a go?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Can you catch covid from head to backside contact?

I presume they breathe whilst they are in there, so I don't see why not.

How does COVID-19 spread between people?

COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which spreads between people, mainly when an infected person is in close contact with another person.
The virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe heavily. These liquid particles are different sizes, ranging from larger ‘respiratory droplets’ to smaller ‘aerosols’.
Other people can catch COVID-19 when the virus gets into their mouth, nose or eyes, which is more likely to happen when people are in direct or close contact (less than 1 metre apart) with an infected person.
Current evidence suggests that the main way the virus spreads is by respiratory droplets among people who are in close contact with each other.
Aerosol transmission can occur in specific settings, particularly in indoor, crowded and inadequately ventilated spaces, where infected person(s) spend long periods of time with others, such as restaurants, choir practices, fitness classes, nightclubs, offices and/or places of worship. More studies are underway to better understand the conditions in which aerosol transmission is occurring outside of medical facilities where specific medical procedures, called aerosol generating procedures, are conducted.
The virus can also spread after infected people sneeze, cough on, or touch surfaces, or objects, such as tables, doorknobs and handrails. Other people may become infected by touching these contaminated surfaces, then touching their eyes, noses or mouths without having cleaned their hands first.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
stripped 5/16 hex screws. 8 of them. Some Donk torqued them to an inch of their life when they should just be hand tight. Don’t do overtime to actually work! :rolleyes: