Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
oh really thats horrendous :eek: glad i had it on mute most of the game lol

OGS was whining that Chelsea had influenced the referee by mentioning the Harry Maguire headlock on Azpilicueta and the kick in Batshuayi's nuts on the club website & Tyler might as well have been employed by United's PR department. Between him & Neville it was an absolute embarrassment to professional commentary.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OGS was whining that Chelsea had influenced the referee by mentioning the Harry Maguire headlock on Azpilicueta and the kick in Batshuayi's nuts on the club website & Tyler might as well have been employed by United's PR department. Between him & Neville it was an absolute embarrassment to professional commentary.

is there such a thing as professional commentary?

neville, mcmanaman, carrager, keown, smith, savage, redknapp, tyler, darke, jenas, fletcher - soooo many car crashes these days, thought cricket had got bad but spend even more time on the football with the mute button on these days

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The commentators are awful, I often turn the sound down as it seems that they feel the need to make up for the lack of a crowd. Carragher tonight, I could barely understand him, when I bothered to listen. Yesterday the Palace v Man U the commentator kept on about Palace players being out of contract at the end of the season and criticising the management - it's not anyone else's business! The Fulham v Palace game the two commentators hardly paused to take a breath, inane chat for most of 90 minutes?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The commentators are awful, I often turn the sound down as it seems that they feel the need to make up for the lack of a crowd. Carragher tonight, I could barely understand him, when I bothered to listen. Yesterday the Palace v Man U the commentator kept on about Palace players being out of contract at the end of the season and criticising the management - it's not anyone else's business! The Fulham v Palace game the two commentators hardly paused to take a breath, inane chat for most of 90 minutes?

Got to remember their like radio presenters without adbreaks or songs ..dead air isn't acceptable so they have to fill it with rubbish

Mandofred

Visit site
Got to remember their like radio presenters without adbreaks or songs ..dead air isn't acceptable so they have to fill it with rubbish
When I first moved here in 1980, I loved that the announcers on sports/tv weren't talking all the time. Just blabbering non-stop like they did in the US. I was watching a little bit of some skiing the other day...same comments repeated over and over (getting to the end, their legs will be burning!!). I should have expected a forest fire from so much burning. Another bad habit found its way to the UK.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Survey suggesting that 4 in 10 over 80s that have been vaccinated have subsequently broken covid regulations. I know that is should not annoy me but those that have been vaccinated need to stick by the rules for their own safety, so that there is not a free for all of those how have been vaccincated and out of consideration for those who face a continued period of being at home and not meeting friends indoors whilst they wait their turn.

I think they’ve hidden long enough now. At over 80 your clutching straws, counting your last breaths on your fingers and toes and most won’t have months to wait - most of the people they knew in their younger years have probably died and at any time they could be next and they know that. Who knows what U turn is around the corner with this perpetual madness.
The vaccine is their and everyone’s release or so was promised.

Time for them to get back to living before the grim reaper comes.