Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 16999

Another day goes by where we've missed out on a PS5 drop. We were even ahead of the game, about to checkout. Server crashes and that's it my friend, back of queue you go. Ollox.

"We go again" to coin a phrase :LOL:
Yep, 4 hours in the queue for nothing.:(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m becoming increasingly irked every time a football commentator finds it necessary to apologise for the bad language which is now clearly audible at games owing to the absence of crowds.

They’re footballers. They swear. I get it. Now stop apologising for them.

i audibly swear at the screen when i hear this, drives me nuts for some reason

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I’m becoming increasingly irked every time a football commentator finds it necessary to apologise for the bad language which is now clearly audible at games owing to the absence of crowds.

They’re footballers. They swear. I get it. Now stop apologising for them.

Yes but boxing is worse; you have tuned in to watch 2 blokes belt the :poop: out of each other and then they apologise for the language of the corner men. Ridiculous.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Back in the late 80s, I was doing a live radio report on non-league football and the phone was right outside one of the dressing rooms. Just as I went live, the manager stormed past, walked in and all I heard was "BLEEPING SIT DOWN!!" - "Well as you can hear manager Martin Collins not happy with his team's performance today …" Luckily they just missed the first word and we got away with it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If someone swears on tv and there isn't an immediate apology or, if it's not noticed, fairly soon after then OFCOM can come down on the broadcasters with fines and, in exceptional circumstances, licences to broadcast can be revoked.
Daft as it seems, but the rules say they have to do it.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If someone swears on tv and there isn't an immediate apology or, if it's not noticed, fairly soon after then OFCOM can come down on the broadcasters with fines and, in exceptional circumstances, licences to broadcast can be revoked.
Daft as it seems, but the rules say they have to do it.

Really? I never realised that, and find it a surprise when it’s a sporting event being broadcast and the broadcaster has no control at all over the participants.

It’s a funny old game.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just watching the end of the WSL match between Chelsea & Atletico Madrid, & surprised to see an all female commentary team; given the apparent requirement for a female pundit in the mens' games, should not the same apply to the women's game? After all, we want equality don't we...

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just watching the end of the WSL match between Chelsea & Atletico Madrid, & surprised to see an all female commentary team; given the apparent requirement for a female pundit in the mens' games, should not the same apply to the women's game? After all, we want equality don't we...

Shouldnt you be watching the mighty Eagles giving Man u a footie lesson?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Etnies Marana Mid Crank but the winterized version. I have their regular Mid Crank and they are superb, really grippy and give your ankles a bit of protection from knocks and wet weather.
Maybe they will be delivered in time for next winter ?
I saw a photo the other day from a downhill magazine back in the 90s, one of the riders was wearing Adidas Samba lol.
it was SPD shoes i was after these look like trainers, ok for you guys you just want to freewheel downhill:LOL: