Professional Golf 2024

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
500m payment to join LIV and he's not willing to paying fines?
This is the thing that gets me. He doesn't want to pay the fines. It's not like this is all new to him, he wasn't the first to transfer, so knew there would be fines to pay.

It'd barely make a dent in his ISA if he just paid it and moved on....like others like Tyrell and Laurie have done.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
This is the thing that gets me. He doesn't want to pay the fines. It's not like this is all new to him, he wasn't the first to transfer, so knew there would be fines to pay.

It'd barely make a dent in his ISA if he just paid it and moved on....like others like Tyrell and Laurie have done.

Hatton is playing under appeal - like others have done before, unsuccessfully.

He hasn't paid any fines though.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
He is entered to play 4 ET comps this year, that is was not his fine is about. It is about missing ET tournaments without permission, to play LIV tournaments.
That won’t remove the fines

Sorry didn't make myself clear (and its a half joking post anyway, but...)

He (currently) won't get to play his planned 3 ET events due to not paying outstanding ET fines
(hypothetically) If he had been part of the sunshine tour he could've played in co-sanctioned events even without paying the outstanding ET fines and ET couldn't stop him (there's 3 coming up in Dec that don't conflict with LIV events, although they are for 2025 season)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Human nature - are we still hung up about how much money the LIV guys are getting, cos the PGAT boys are pretty much bought and paid for these days.

We're well passed the point of discussing whether LIV will survive or not - it is clearly here for the long term, so why are the governing bodies still denying the fans the opportunity to see the game evolve, with a potential for huge further investments globally.

The future is laid out infront of us.

A world tour - LIV featuring all the top players - 10 to 14 events
A US based tour featuring all the top players - 10 to 14 events
The Majors
Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup
Mutliple domestic tours (reformed PGAT/Korn Ferry), DPWT, Asian Tour, Sunshine Tour etc.... These will support and provide pathways into the elite tours above.

That's the future, it is what we will end up with - so why are we fannying around trying to stage some pointless battle between players and suits.
I am sure there will be agreement of some description at some point but we still seem a long way from that point and until we do I can see Rahm being out in the Ryder Cup cold without some kind of olive branch

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Human nature - are we still hung up about how much money the LIV guys are getting, cos the PGAT boys are pretty much bought and paid for these days.

Hence why I said “money will be key to them ALL”
We're well passed the point of discussing whether LIV will survive or not - it is clearly here for the long term, so why are the governing bodies still denying the fans the opportunity to see the game evolve, with a potential for huge further investments globally.

The Majors
Mutliple domestic tours (reformed PGAT/Korn Ferry), DPWT, Asian Tour, Sunshine Tour etc.... These will support and provide pathways into the elite tours above.

That's the future, it is what we will end up with - so why are we fannying around trying to stage some pointless battle between players and suits.

Has it been decided “that’s the future”

The idea that corp America and US tour is going to be happy with just 10-14 events and pretty much the squashing of tours below them is laughable

What I do know is as each week goes by more and more are switching off from tour golf

Events are passing by on all tours with people not caring

Tour golf wasn’t great before but it’s been broken now

Viewing figures show that all

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry didn't make myself clear (and its a half joking post anyway, but...)

He (currently) won't get to play his planned 3 ET events due to not paying outstanding ET fines
(hypothetically) If he had been part of the sunshine tour he could've played in co-sanctioned events even without paying the outstanding ET fines and ET couldn't stop him (there's 3 coming up in Dec that don't conflict with LIV events, although they are for 2025 season)
Presumably, that still leaves him with outstanding fines already in place. If he doesn't pay those, no Ryder Cup.

I did get the half joke in it though (y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hence why I said “money will be key to them ALL”

Has it been decided “that’s the future”

The idea that corp America and US tour is going to be happy with just 10-14 events and pretty much the squashing of tours below them is laughable

What I do know is as each week goes by more and more are switching off from tour golf

Sky are covering more golf than ever so how are events passing by. It is there if you want to watch. How do Sky figures stand up to LIV events in terms of viewer numbers

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Is that really true? I’m not sure if a lot of golf watching fans really bothered with anything other than the majors, Ryder cup and a few select premium tour events. Nothing has changed apart from LIV offering up something new. We still get PGA events with no big stars in, just like before all of this started.
I’m talking about UK audiences here btw, I don’t really have any interest in worldwide viewers.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now you're just peeing on my plan to get him out here in Dec so I can caddy for him! :p
I think I'd be quite nervous caddying for Rahm. He looks a little scary to me. Not sure I could relax. I'd like to caddy for a Tommy Fleetwood or someone with a similar, chilled personality (assuming that cash machine Scottie is not there 😄 )

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I think I'd be quite nervous caddying for Rahm. He looks a little scary to me. Not sure I could relax. I'd like to caddy for a Tommy Fleetwood or someone with a similar, chilled personality (assuming that cash machine Scottie is not there 😄 )

Id love to caddy for Bubba for a day.... just to see if his lines give me a heart attack :ROFLMAO:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Is that really true? I’m not sure if a lot of golf watching fans really bothered with anything other than the majors, Ryder cup and a few select premium tour events. Nothing has changed apart from LIV offering up something new. We still get PGA events with no big stars in, just like before all of this started.
I’m talking about UK audiences here btw, I don’t really have any interest in worldwide viewers.

Not sure about the UK audience viewers tbh

But the viewing figures for the PGA events has dropped and the “drop off” hasn’t been picked up by the LIV viewers

So overall less people are watching tour golf overall

Majors also had a bit of a drop this year as well

The good news is no one of it has any correlation to club golf and participation etc - golf on telly doesn’t seem to have too much affect

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not sure about the UK audience viewers tbh

But the viewing figures for the PGA events has dropped and the “drop off” hasn’t been picked up by the LIV viewers

So overall less people are watching tour golf overall

Majors also had a bit of a drop this year as well

The good news is no one of it has any correlation to club golf and participation etc - golf on telly doesn’t seem to have too much affect

Meanwhile youtube golf is still going strong. Probably better known than many on tour these days too!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Id love to caddy for Bubba for a day.... just to see if his lines give me a heart attack :ROFLMAO:
I suspect all you could do for him is give him yardages and keep the clubs clean. The rest is all in his head, how he sees things. Then again, that is not working so well for him now so you may only be carrying for a couple of rounds, non LIV of course 😄

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Rose seems relatively chilled. I'd start with him. Might give Hatton a wide berth

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Nah, you'd have the practice & pro-am rounds to get to know him & he prob wouldn't need to get out of 2nd gear to shoot low anyway, it'd be fun :cool:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

The Majors

Harrington reckons that many events is a non-starter. His suggestion (abridged)
“So, ideally for me, I would suggest that every PGA Tour and European Tour event should have four invites for LIV players, and every LIV event should have four invites for an International team.

I actually find that idea/concept quite appealing