Professional Golf 2024

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Happy New Year all.

It's a new year, 12 days in. Thought someone had better get a 2024 thread going!

Same issues ongoing, Keith Pelley does a runner. DP World Tour starts with a sub standard Pro Am tournament, in place of Abu Dhabi.

I see there's no longer a Nedbank tournament at Sun City, what happened to that?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interesting

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Happy New Year all.

It's a new year, 12 days in. Thought someone had better get a 2024 thread going!

Same issues ongoing, Keith Pelley does a runner. DP World Tour starts with a sub standard Pro Am tournament, in place of Abu Dhabi.

I see there's no longer a Nedbank tournament at Sun City, what happened to that?
No chance Pelley was turning down that job. not sure there are many bigger for a Canadian with a background in Sports Administration.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Farmers pulling out of sponsoring the PGAT event and players
Jason Day is now wearing ridiculous trousers.
PGAT close to agreeing a deal with the SSG
Nike sponsoring shoes on LIV
Tiger smashed a drive 250 off his knees
2024 will be the year that the division in golf is healed.

D

Deleted member 15344

Good recovery from Rory after the 7 on the par 3 - swing looks very good

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Anyway, back in 2023 we were last discussing Radar and people's random hatred for him, and I was just about to post my Radar story when the thread was locked. So here it is anyway.

At last year's Scottish Open we were stood behind a green, can't remember which one, and Radar walked up the fairway and on to the green, quickly studying Rory's ball. He never stopped walking and came off the green, through the crowd and stood behind us, he had no view of Rory or the green at all.

Just before Rory hit his putt, Radar, blindly talking to the television audience, very quietly described what would happen and with in seconds, almost like a delayed commentary, the ball behaved precisely as he had described.

I was both delighted and enlightened. It was a very skilful performance.

He was also friendly to those around him.

D

Deleted member 1147

Anyway, back in 2023 we were last discussing Radar and people's random hatred for him, and I was just about to post my Radar story when the thread was locked. So here it is anyway.

At last year's Scottish Open we were stood behind a green, can't remember which one, and Radar walked up the fairway and on to the green, quickly studying Rory's ball. He never stopped walking and came off the green, through the crowd and stood behind us, he had no view of Rory or the green at all.

Just before Rory hit his putt, Radar, blindly talking to the television audience, very quietly described what would happen and with in seconds, almost like a delayed commentary, the ball behaved precisely as he had described.

I was both delighted and enlightened. It was a very skilful performance.

He was also friendly to those around him.
A mate of mine took his lad to the Belfry last year. Said Radar was brilliant with the kid.

sunshine

Visit site
I think Radar brings excellent insight. He doesn’t take himself too seriously and seems to interact well with the players and spectators.

Someone criticised Andrew Cotter on the other thread, but I think he’s also good. I can only guess they are confusing him with Andrew Coltart, who talks utter rubbish and doesn’t seem to pay attention to what is actually happening.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Shame that the dpwt have chosen to only feature rory in the free 10 min highlights clip they release to youtube each day... For three days running

Not the first time they've done this when he plays ET instead of showing the days highlights

AussieKB

Visit site
I wonder how many people are watching Ken Weyand today, my thoughts would be people who like train wrecks, plus 42 is some golf, and he still has 12 holes to go, not sure what the record is for 4 rounds on DP Tour ?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder how many people are watching Ken Weyand today, my thoughts would be people who like train wrecks, plus 42 is some golf, and he still has 12 holes to go, not sure what the record is for 4 rounds on DP Tour ?
Could be the first time anyone didn’t break 80 in all four rounds. +53 total.