Professional Golf 2024

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Predictably solid win for Scheffler at the Fed Ex, and well deserved.

Did the PGAT buy the PA system off Temu though - poor old Jay looked totally bemused as he addressed the crowd.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Enjoyed watching the British Masters after watching the magnificent Curtis Cup win at Sunningdale. I couldn't believe how well these ladies played and big crowd with Lottie Woad and a shame she couldn't win.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Surely given the Grenfell report Lowry will do the right thing and ditch his sponsors Kingspan who have been held partly responsible for supplying flammable insulation whilst "deliberately concealed” the safety risk.

Survivors had asked him to follow suit and follow Mercedes Formula 1 team in ditching the sponsorship but he's neither done so or replied to any of their requests.

Used to think he was a decent guy, but perhaps Judy file with the rest of the greedy b's.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Surely given the Grenfell report Lowry will do the right thing and ditch his sponsors Kingspan who have been held partly responsible for supplying flammable insulation whilst "deliberately concealed” the safety risk.

Survivors had asked him to follow suit and follow Mercedes Formula 1 team in ditching the sponsorship but he's neither done so or replied to any of their requests.

Used to think he was a decent guy, but perhaps Judy file with the rest of the greedy b's.
Hard to know his reasoning or whether he and his management have broached the subject formally but I do agree with you. If Mercedes can dump the sponsorship shouldn't be any reason why he can't

Swango1980

Visit site

Could he have been waiting for the Grenfell report to have been released, to essentially get better clarification on the facts after being investigated? Didn't Ulster Rugby Club also extend their sponsorship with Grenfell? I wonder too if they also decided they'd review this once the report is released.

I suspect it might be better to await to see what decision they make in the next few days or so, once they have time to digest the contents of the report. After which it might be easier to make a moral judgement on their character?

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Could he have been waiting for the Grenfell report to have been released, to essentially get better clarification on the facts after being investigated? Didn't Ulster Rugby Club also extend their sponsorship with Grenfell? I wonder too if they also decided they'd review this once the report is released.

I suspect it might be better to await to see what decision they make in the next few days or so, once they have time to digest the contents of the report. After which it might be easier to make a moral judgement on their character?
It was known during the enquiry what they said and did. It didn't really need the report to confirm it.

A Grenfell fire relatives group has branded the end of Ulster Rugby's association with the insulation company Kingspan as a "calculated move".

Ulster's home ground in Belfast has been called the Kingspan Stadium for the past decade, but that will end in June 2025.

Grenfell United claimed the move was not a "moral" one but a "calculated, strategic move, centred around money".

The government previously called for Ulster Rugby to reconsider its relationship with Kingspan, which sponsors the team's jerseys as well as its home stadium.

Swango1980

Visit site
It was known during the enquiry what they said and did. It didn't really need the report to confirm it.
Fair enough. I don't know exactly the details of what was known as fact and what was alleged publicly, before the release of the report. I suppose if it was all understood as fact publicly, then there may have been no requirement for a report at all, although I don't know if anything came out of the report that came as a surprise, or something was omitted from the report than some might have had blame attributed?

However, I was responding partly from your opening statement "Surely given the Grenfell report..." . As it has only been published today, I instinctively felt it might be worth giving the likes of Lowry a day or 2 at least, as there is a chance he is reading through it, and has a plan of action depending on what came out of it. It might be along the lines of him not being into cancel culture type reactions, and allowing due process to take its course to make a more informed decision later?

But, we'll see. No doubt if he doesn't ditch the sponsor now, he'll be asked more and more questions about it? So maybe we'll find out his reasoning either way