Professional Golf 2024

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Meanwhile, tomorrow is one of my favourite comps, European Masters in Switzerland. Just gorgeous.

Somewhere I'd love to play at some stage 😍
HI Lord , I went there with the wife to watch in 2012 and went back in 2017, It is just gorgeous, It's high up in the alps and the views take your breath away literally. The 2nd time we went the wife let me take my clubs and I played the Monday the day after Matt Fitzpatrick won, from the exact same tees, all the tees, surround boards and stands were still in place, a memory I will treasure forever.

Attachments

• IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    941 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Meanwhile, tomorrow is one of my favourite comps, European Masters in Switzerland. Just gorgeous.

Definitely worth making the trip one day 😉.
Learnt to ski there and have done two golf trips in June . Ball goes for ever 😃.
If you do go take the cable car to Cry D-Er ,fabulous views from up there .

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

You're not alone.
Have only been in the colder months having fun on the snow. Still scenic.
We drove and the 'Ski und golf' signs through the valley & climbs stick in the memory 🙂

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
People will say they have no interest in it,but in reality will be obsessed,just like the LIV thread 😂

It's a significant moment in the game - Rory has made his feelings pretty clear about the pace at which the PGAT have been moving in terms of brokering a deal with the PIF, Scheffler not so much but you don't often see him defending the PGAT either.

I think they're both (and BDC / Koepka) trying to make a point about the value of having players able to compete against each other across the tours, and of course, they'll be getting financial support from somebody somewhere to put the event on - I very much doubt that is coming from the PGAT coffers though.

3 jabber

Visit site
It's a significant moment in the game - Rory has made his feelings pretty clear about the pace at which the PGAT have been moving in terms of brokering a deal with the PIF, Scheffler not so much but you don't often see him defending the PGAT either.

I think they're both (and BDC / Koepka) trying to make a point about the value of having players able to compete against each other across the tours, and of course, they'll be getting financial support from somebody somewhere to put the event on - I very much doubt that is coming from the PGAT coffers though.
There is nothing significant about it whatsoever. Four very rich guys getting paid bucket loads of money for an exhibition match. Meaningless. End of.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
There is nothing significant about it whatsoever. Four very rich guys getting paid bucket loads of money for an exhibition match. Meaningless. End of.

We'll see.....

This is a decent piece of journalism

Last edited:

cleveland52

Visit site

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Swango1980

Visit site
Surely given the Grenfell report Lowry will do the right thing and ditch his sponsors Kingspan who have been held partly responsible for supplying flammable insulation whilst "deliberately concealed” the safety risk.

Survivors had asked him to follow suit and follow Mercedes Formula 1 team in ditching the sponsorship but he's neither done so or replied to any of their requests.

Used to think he was a decent guy, but perhaps Judy file with the rest of the greedy b's.
Is he a decent guy again?

sunshine

Visit site
Went to the final day of the Rose Ladies Open at Brocket Hall on Wednesday. Fair play to Justin Rose for sponsoring this event, and also turning up to champion women's golf, true allyship.

Slightly frustrating that we left after watching the final pair tee off on 18, and then missed the drama of a play off, but my 8 year old had had enough.

As always, I enjoy watching the technical elegance of the women's swings, a lot to learn from watching how they are able to efficiently generate power from a slower swing speed. I've never played at Brocket before, it really is a very picturesque venue, after walking it I was impressed - I need to play it.