Professional Golf 2024

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always think driving is a bit over-rated. Helps if you hit it miles, obviously (especially at pro level, just to get to greens in reg). And consistency will help you have a few more good days than bad.

But, you often don't need to be that accurate with drives. Just get it in play, or hope you get away with the odd bad one during the round. Then get all your scoring done by hitting good irons into greens, and being tidy chipping and putting. For a handicap golfer, just write off your bad driving days where you might get really bad scores as you are losing balls, taking penalties, etc. 60% of your rounds won't be in your top 8 anyway. But hope that for 40% of your rounds you get your drive in play, then capitalize by hitting your scoring shots to the greens.

Sounds great advice, yet when I go to range I focus on smashing my long irons and driver into a field, and do no target practice at all with short irons.

True but both me and my pp were shocked at how poor he was off the tee for a + handicap golfer. We both walked off thinking he was playing off a false handicap.
Then again I heard he won the club champs the other week so what do we know 🤣

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Ah I’d want at least 10 round our place

He’d absolutely tear it up

Anything under 380 you’d expect him to get up and down

After his drive ha

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Liking the look of the Belfry, looks like a great course for us mere mortals if we played off the whites / yellows.
Hard to see past Hatton this week, looking dialled in already.

sunshine

Visit site
Mcilroy posted some videos on his instagram of him practising at East Lake. I almost had a heart attack when I saw his shirt was untucked at the back. Make sure you shield your eyes if you follow him on social media.

Don’t worry guys, I sent a stern email to the PGA TOUR HQ.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Mcilroy posted some videos on his instagram of him practising at East Lake. I almost had a heart attack when I saw his shirt was untucked at the back. Make sure you shield your eyes if you follow him on social media.

Don’t worry guys, I sent a stern email to the PGA TOUR HQ.

And did you hear the music blaring out from the Belfry coverage yesterday! What's the world coming too o_O

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The pgat said they would change the broadcast for this week (what they show etc) and even on the free 10 min YT highlights from yesterday, there's far less putts and lots more approach shots (y)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Liking the look of the Belfry, looks like a great course for us mere mortals if we played off the whites / yellows.
Hard to see past Hatton this week, looking dialled in already.

Apologies, I'm thinking watching the TV is reminding me what a dull place to play it it.

Haven't been in over a decade, I'm not sure it's giving me any encouragement to go back.

If in the area play Little Aston. The difference is remarkable 😁

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Thats what kills this format for me, it's pretty much a done deal barring a miracle that Scottie will walk away with it.
From the PGAT point of view its the only way to ensure the FedEx goes to the last event.
Give points throughout the season like the DPWT and it could be a non-event by the time they get to East Lake...
And when you have football starting over there they have to try and keep viewers..
Tricky to see a different approach that doesn't render the possibility of East Lake being just another tournament

Golfnut1957

Visit site
From the PGAT point of view its the only way to ensure the FedEx goes to the last event.
Give points throughout the season like the DPWT and it could be a non-event by the time they get to East Lake...
And when you have football starting over there they have to try and keep viewers..
Tricky to see a different approach that doesn't render the possibility of East Lake being just another tournament
Not being funny but despite Sky, the PGAT, uncle Tom Cobbly an all, trying to convince me otherwise, in my head it is just that, another tournament.