Go South for a golf holiday!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was due to go over in the next 18 months as one of the guys from the club has a house over there. Unfortunately he passed away last year while attending a wedding in Vegas.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I went to a wedding in Cape Town a few years ago, the wedding was the same day Mandela died, our friend who come from Cape Town arranged for a group of ten of us to stay in a beautiful house on a hill overlooking Cape Town, and a week staying with his friends so we got to see a bit of the real South Africa.

Cape Town and the surrounding areas are probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited, the people we met through our friend were the most hospitable people you could wish to meet , took us into their home made braais everyday.

But the amount of racism shocked me and made me feel uncomfortable we got to meet many local people and their mindset was something I've never encountered before, we had a driver for a week and he used to work for the S/A police, he went out of his way to help us and couldn't have been more helpfull but I've never met someone so entrenched in their attitudes.

I never got to play any golf there.

Last edited:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site