Golf Knysna SA

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We're very fortunate to have a holiday in South Africa Western Cape sorted - heading out later this month. My Mrs says I can play golf - though maybe just the once. We are going to be staying in Knysna. Any suggestions for a SA golf experience. Just the one round. Know I could go to George and see if I could play one of the Fancourt courses...but one of the Knysna courses would be handier for my Mrs.

oleinone

Visit site
I'm off for a couple of weeks in March. The above link gives a lot of useful info on the Garden Route courses. Sadly, the Fancourt tracks are only available to resort residents. Please report on the experience - have a good trip.

D

Deleted member 35577

I'm off for a couple of weeks in March. The above link gives a lot of useful info on the Garden Route courses. Sadly, the Fancourt tracks are only available to resort residents. Please report on the experience - have a good trip.
Pinnacle Point is the stand out course in the area. Unless things have changed it is only the Links at Fancourt that is resort guests only, the others were open to the public when I went.

gopher99

Visit site
We're very fortunate to have a holiday in South Africa Western Cape sorted - heading out later this month. My Mrs says I can play golf - though maybe just the once. We are going to be staying in Knysna. Any suggestions for a SA golf experience. Just the one round. Know I could go to George and see if I could play one of the Fancourt courses...but one of the Knysna courses would be handier for my Mrs.

Finally a topic i know what I am talking about😀. You have multiple choices of courses to play, in Knysna area you have pezula or Simola. Either course is good, the Pezula course has great views of the sea and the Simola course is a really good test of golf. George is about an hours drive away from Kynsna and just be careful when driving as there as loads of speed cameras on the N2 road mobile and fixed. In George you have George golf course, which I rate as one of my top 5 courses in SA very playable for your wife. You also have Oubaii which is ok, it’s suffered from conditioning the last few years. Kingswood is just ok if you can’t get anything else, Pinnacle point is a great golf course with some amazing views, it’s a 90 min drive to mossel bay from Knysna but well worth the drive. If you need any other info then just pm me, I will be happy to help.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i stayed in Kynsna end 2022, lovely place and the whole Garden Route and Cape area is awesome. On route i popped in to many of the courses but never got a chance to play. In Kynsna i liked the look of Pezula more than Simola. I had lunch at Pinnacle Point, which is the other side of Mossel Bay, which is right at the start of the Western side of the Garden Route - and that is on the wish list to play next time - maybe ebven this September/ October

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
i stayed in Kynsna end 2022, lovely place and the whole Garden Route and Cape area is awesome. On route i popped in to many of the courses but never got a chance to play. In Kynsna i liked the look of Pezula more than Simola. I had lunch at Pinnacle Point, which is the other side of Mossel Bay, which is right at the start of the Western side of the Garden Route - and that is on the wish list to play next time - maybe ebven this September/ October
I’m tending towards Pezula…one reason being that I think my wife might enjoy the walk/cart ride around it (she doesn‘t play but will often walk the course with me) more than Simola. Of course Simola has panoramic views from its hillside location, but we’ll be having plenty of those on our trip and she likes being by the sea. Considered retracimg our footsteps to George (as well be coming that way to Knysna) for a course there, but don’t really see the point with likes of Pezula being where we will be staying for 4 nights. The alternative for my Mrs is if the club/resort has a spa. I believe Simola has one, being a resort course, yetbto check Pezula for that.