Professional Golf 2024

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went to the final day of the Rose Ladies Open at Brocket Hall on Wednesday. Fair play to Justin Rose for sponsoring this event, and also turning up to champion women's golf, true allyship.

Slightly frustrating that we left after watching the final pair tee off on 18, and then missed the drama of a play off, but my 8 year old had had enough.

As always, I enjoy watching the technical elegance of the women's swings, a lot to learn from watching how they are able to efficiently generate power from a slower swing speed. I've never played at Brocket before, it really is a very picturesque venue, after walking it I was impressed - I need to play it.
I really enjoy watching ladies golf. So graceful and effortless but still getting it out there.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Is he a decent guy again?

It's, shall I say, 'unfortunate' he chose to take the money for so long. I'm fairly sure he'd have sponsors falling over him.

Kingspan had, from 2005 and even after the inquiry began after of the fire, “knowingly created a false market in insulation” for use on buildings over 18 metres tall (59ft), it said.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just feel like Rahm holds the aces here and he probably knows it. Any ruling that expels him from the Ryder Cup would be cutting our noses off to spite our face. RC needs him more than he needs it. I think he'll hold his poker face for as long as possible and a deal will be reached at the 11th hour that gets him in. Probably end up paying a nominal fine that's way less than the original amount or something like that.

Last edited:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I just feel like Rahm holds the aces here and he probably knows it. Any ruling that expels him from the Ryder Cup would be cutting our noses off to spite our face. RC needs him more than he needs it. I think he'll hold his poker face for as long as possible and a deal will be reached at the 11th hour that gets him in. Probably end up a nominal fine that's way less than the original amount or something like that.

Ryder cup is bigger than just Rahm , Rahm is a great player but he doesn’t hold the cards but he has the choice

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Dozens of players have had releases to play mutiple tours on multiple events over the years. The DPWT are still trying to hammer the LIV guys with 100k fines.

Meanwhile golfers from both camps are doing their utmost to re-unite the game.

The DPWT can only benefit from having Rahm, Hatton and multiple other players involved in their events, whether it's the Spanish Open, or the Ryder Cup.

Is Guy Kinnings still of the belief that LIV can be forced into submission - I very much doubt it, he's obviously an intelligent man.

Whatever, the money always wins, the PIF have got the money, the DPWT are skint with a product that's in decline barring the odd event.

Rahm won't be making these decisions without a lot of strategic and legal advice from the people around, and above him - with negotiations taking place in New York between the PGAT and PIF representatives, this is just another move on the chess board of mens professional golf.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Maybe he (Rahm) could join the sunshine tour and play in the events co-sanctioned with the ET. That'll knock off his commitment to play 4 ET events and no fine :sneaky:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe he (Rahm) could join the sunshine tour and play in the events co-sanctioned with the ET. That'll knock off his commitment to play 4 ET events and no fine :sneaky:
He is entered to play 4 ET comps this year, that is was not his fine is about. It is about missing ET tournaments without permission, to play LIV tournaments.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Yet took £500mil to get him to go to LIV 🤷‍♂️

They are all like that - money will always be key to them all

Human nature - are we still hung up about how much money the LIV guys are getting, cos the PGAT boys are pretty much bought and paid for these days.

We're well passed the point of discussing whether LIV will survive or not - it is clearly here for the long term, so why are the governing bodies still denying the fans the opportunity to see the game evolve, with a potential for huge further investments globally.

The future is laid out infront of us.

A world tour - LIV featuring all the top players - 10 to 14 events
A US based tour featuring all the top players - 10 to 14 events
The Majors
Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup
Mutliple domestic tours (reformed PGAT/Korn Ferry), DPWT, Asian Tour, Sunshine Tour etc.... These will support and provide pathways into the elite tours above.

That's the future, it is what we will end up with - so why are we fannying around trying to stage some pointless battle between players and suits.