Professional Golf 2024

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Harrington reckons that many events is a non-starter. His suggestion (abridged)
“So, ideally for me, I would suggest that every PGA Tour and European Tour event should have four invites for LIV players, and every LIV event should have four invites for an International team.

I actually find that idea/concept quite appealing

best solution imo is have 8 events that are across the world

1 in

North America
South America
Europa
Japan
Aus
South Africa
China

Main final in Middle East

Top 75 in the world play in them

Have an overall winner for the big bucks

And then the players play on other tours in between

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Harrington reckons that many events is a non-starter. His suggestion (abridged)
“So, ideally for me, I would suggest that every PGA Tour and European Tour event should have four invites for LIV players, and every LIV event should have four invites for an International team.

I actually find that idea/concept quite appealing

Yep, you're right - Brooks and DJ / Rory and Scottie aren't going to play 28 times a year plus majors - but between the two elite tours you could rotate the inclusion of the players to add plenty of interest with the added spice of a bit of tour rivalry, which we've already seen multiple times.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
How do they calculate viewing figures?
And could figures be down due to dodgy firesticks?
I know so many people that cancelled sky & use them.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry, just needed to quote this superb post 😁😉

No doubt the below was written for a reaction, but interesting to allege the players have been encouraged to appeal from within ...

Tom's info will be correct, he's well connected with multiple people at LIV, and has built up a trusting relationship with quite a few people there.

It's an interesting scenario right?

3 jabber

Visit site
What a farce. Guys on DPWT can't pop over to LIV to play events when they feel like it so why should LIV players be able to play on DPWT. They have all made their choices now they have to live with it. Rahm, Hatton etc should not be considered for the Ryder Cup.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I wonder if any of the players look inwards at themselves and think about the all the issues that have been created and wonder if they understand the part they have played in it

Or maybe they don’t really care as they are too busy counting their money

They wanted to leave the tours to go play on LIV tour for the vast amount of money on offer

When they moved they knew what would happen and clearly weighed up if it was worth it and made that choice

As with anything in life they made the choice that suited them

They got a big slice of the cake - go and enjoy that instead of looking to come back and grab more

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wonder if any of the players look inwards at themselves and think about the all the issues that have been created and wonder if they understand the part they have played in it

Or maybe they don’t really care as they are too busy counting their money

They wanted to leave the tours to go play on LIV tour for the vast amount of money on offer

When they moved they knew what would happen and clearly weighed up if it was worth it and made that choice

As with anything in life they made the choice that suited them

They got a big slice of the cake - go and enjoy that instead of looking to come back and grab more
Golf has always been a very insular sport but I imagine they have thought about their actions and had discussions with friends families and management about their decision. Once they decide to leave the DP tour they should not be considered for the RC but we then have accept we are going to be severely weakened and realise we will be losing more than we win going forward as there isn't the strength in depth to cope without the likes of Rahm

AussieKB

Visit site
I seem to remember that the Euro's changed the rules for qualifying when they lost all their top player's to the PGA,
so that they could pick their best team.

Maybe they should drop anyone who does not play DPWT exclusively.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Weren't the original Rules Great Britain v USA.

Let's go back to that eh?

Why 🤷‍♂️

Works very well right now

The players know what is required to be on the team and it’s up to the players to decide

Even before LIV came along players had a choice and some like Casey decide against playing in the Ryder cup

If a player wants to represent Europe then the qualifying criteria is nice and clear

AussieKB

Visit site
Why 🤷‍♂️

Works very well right now

The players know what is required to be on the team and it’s up to the players to decide

Even before LIV came along players had a choice and some like Casey decide against playing in the Ryder cup

If a player wants to represent Europe then the qualifying criteria is nice and clear
So it's set in stone then....no more changes Arthur has spoken.