Professional Golf 2024

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seemingly quite strong rumours from over the pond that Keegan Bradley will be the next US Ryder Cup Captain......
Mind blowing if true......

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Bradley confirmed.

Won't be a popular decision for a lot of people, but if he picks the right players, with home advantage - USA will be strong.

Be interesting to see who he brings in to support him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've always thought of the Ryder captains as being guys who are well past their prime, maybe former great RC players who are now approaching senior status. Seems weird to have Bradley who must have still had ambitions of playing on the team surely? And add in the fact that he was overlooked last time in favour of an out-of-form Justin Thomas. Bizarre.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I've always thought of the Ryder captains as being guys who are well past their prime, maybe former great RC players who are now approaching senior status. Seems weird to have Bradley who must have still had ambitions of playing on the team surely? And add in the fact that he was overlooked last time in favour of an out-of-form Justin Thomas. Bizarre.
I wonder if this is some sort of apology/atonement for the way he was treated before? I know they wanted TW to do it, but do they not have anyone else more suited? Unless they feel they want a younger captain going forwards?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you think he'll give JT a captain's pick if he doesn't qualify automatically? 🤣.

I'm with you, odd choice at this point in his career.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Clearly some sort of half apology for the ZJ & Netflix debacle, I've no issue with Keegan but suspect this is a strange time to be offered the gig with regard to where he is in his career; no surprise that TW turned it down. In all likelihood JT will play himself into the team so good chance that team is already coming with baggage, not to mention Stefan & Cantlay's greed and the incorporating those who shall not be named.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I suspect Tiger would have had a hard time picking certain players that should potentially be in the team, based on where they play, plus he's probably got enough on his plate with his PGAT board position and his other business interests - although he could have kitted the US team out with Sun Day Red clobber to help shift a few polos and caps... 😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interesting pick who will divide some opinion. Interesting if he was in a qualifying spot as I think it would be way too much to captain the team and play. I know the US wanted to emphasise their team spirit at home (tapping into what the Europeans have done so well) but not sure he is the one to do that