Professional Golf 2024

Springveldt

Visit site
But will he keep that going for 4 days in the PGA?
Probably not, I doubt his putter stays that hot. I’ve no doubts he’ll drive it as well as he did but his putting stats were amazing for him.

He’ll probably top 10 as the rest of his game will always give him chances but we only see that “Rory Fu**ing McIlroy” version once every couple of years now.

Last edited:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably not, I doubt his putter stays that hot. I’ve no doubts he’ll drive it as well as he did but his putting stats were amazing for him.

He’ll probably top 10 as the rest of his game will always give him chances but we only see that “Rory Fu**ing McIllroy” version once every couple of years now.
He has won twice this year ( and 6 times on PGA tour since 2022) already so we must see it more often. But let's not let the facts get in the way of a good rant ;)

Springveldt

Visit site
He has won twice this year ( and 6 times on PGA tour since 2022) already so we must see it more often. But let's not let the facts get in the way of a good rant ;)
Wasn't a rant at all, I'm a Rory fan and want him to win another major. What I was saying was it's a long time since we have seen Rory play that well for all 4 rounds and actually run away with a tournament. Of the 5 other wins since 2022, one was last week with Lowry and 3 of the other wins were by 1 shot and the other by 2 (and a brilliant 62 final round to win).

It seems like the last time we saw him play this well was back in 2022 when he won the Canadian Open in June (with that 62) and then the Tour Championship in August when he came through the field and Scheffler collapsed in the final round.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Maybe the pressures of not being on the board has given him more freedom to simply play. Certainly coming into form at the right time for the majors but personally (and only my own thought) I am always nervous about him doing it for 4 rounds in the majors as he does seem to struggle at times to do so. It would be good to see him win this weeks and may kick start another run of majors

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Anyone know why there was 2 PGA events on this week?

I guess if you are stripping other tours by offering pgat spots you have to have events for them all (does seem strange when viewers/sponsors are getting thin(er) on the ground, but i don't know the official answer why they'd double up

D-S

Visit site
Just watching the Aramco Series Golf and surprised to see on camera Charley Hull having a cigarette on the 7th tee. It’s a long time since I’ve seen any sportsperson having a smoke on TV.

sunshine

Visit site
Korda wins again, that's 6 from the last 7. Surely she can't keep up that form (hope so though) (y)

(now if she can just get herself arrested/detained that might really put the LPGA on the map) :p

Sadly the most effective way for female athletes to get lots of attention is still racy photos / stories.